Glenn Dorsey Dominating

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 15, 2013.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I don't have a life. I also may make a practice at times.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree with Stacey. The NFL lacks passion, tradition, and if you are a fan of a team you end up rooting for a bunch of gumps, gators, Irish, Seminoles, etc etc. no thanks.

cul2969 likes this.
  3. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I agree for the most part, and am definitely a college fan more than a pro fan. However, from the perspective of a child, I remember being much more of a Saints fan when I was young, and my son is that way now. I think it's because, even in the era of free agency, pro players by and large are on the same team for a lot longer than a college player. My son develops an allegiance based on the team and certain players that are consistently with them. He identifies with that, follows their successes/stats, etc and in that sense, the pros have more tradition. The other part of it, is that most of us went to LSU and that is where our true passion for them became part of our fabric, our blood. At least, that is the case for me.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

"Passion" is a totally subjective thing. IMO, you have to have tons more passion to play at the NFL level because it is a much tougher game. You don't get 4 tough games every year and then brag about how tough your schedule is. You get a tough game every week in the NFL.

As far as tradition, you're acting like the NFL has been around for 5 years. Bears/Packers is pretty cool. The traditions are not as long as the college game because the game hasn't been around as long, but to say there is no tradition is BS. Lambeau, Arrowhead, Seattle's 12th Man, Mile High, Soldier Field, Who Dat, etc...

And the last part of your statement, yeah, Drew Brees is a Saint. I can care less what college he went to when he played against a bunch of inferior players. He is a HOF QB who represents the state of Louisiana and the city of New Orleans every week. You can continue to root for Matt Flynn. I'll take Drew...

5. LaSalleAve

They also get millions. College players don't. The College game has been around since the 1800's. Seattle's 12th man a traditon? Who Dat a tradition? I mean I guess that means I'm a tradition because I've been around longer than the 12th man and Who Dat. Bears Packers means shit to me. Soldier field means shit to mean. Lambeau doesn't mean a damn thing either until LSU plays there.

Drew is a Texan. Not a Louisianian and wouldn't even be here had Saban wanted him in Miami. He's a good guy, great quarterback, but if he disappears tomorrow I won't care.

6. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Just what is so traditional about Arrowhead Stadium? News flash to you Guido, Mile High stadium is no more. Gone just as your Houston Oilers are gone along with the LA Rams, St Louis Cardinals, Baltimore Colts and the original Cleveland Browns.

7. LaSalleAve

Good points, Candlestick was so traditional they are tearing the fucker down. The NFL cares nothing about tradition.

8. Guido Merkins

All I read here is I am an LSU homer and I can care less about anything else. Which is fine considering the board we are on, but it's not a very objective argument.

Drew Brees has done more for the city of New Orleans than probably everyone who has played at LSU combined in the last 10 years.

Not hating on LSU kids. I like them too and wish them well, but "you won't care" if Drew Brees disappears tomorrow is about the most ignorant thing I have ever heard on this board. Hell, what about the LSU players that aren't from Louisiana?? You don't care about them either?? Or, let me guess, once they put on the purple and gold, they are Louisianians forever??

Well, what if some of us attribute the same thing to our professional football team??

9. Guido Merkins

Candlestick is a dump. Always was.

10. Guido Merkins

Arrowhead has great tailgating and is one of the better home field advantages in the NFL. Same with the old and the new Mile High.

You know, the building can be new but they can still have traditions.

As far as teams moving, I mean, it's a pro league. Louisiana State University can never leave the state of Louisiana, by definition. Not really a valid comparison.

The college game certainly is stronger on traditions by it's very nature. IMO, the passion argument is and has always been total BS and the NFL is far superior between the lines so I like it better.

And don't forget, one of the great college "traditions" is to not crown a real champion every year. You can have that one...