Go Chad !

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Aug 17, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Looks like Lavalais may have an impact this year. Gotta admit that I was disappointed this spring when the "word" was that Chad reported to a Falcons minicamp over weight and was criticized for not being that strong. I had a difficult time believing that knowing how hard he had worked to make it at LSU. According to this story he is more than holding his own:

http://www.acadiananow.com/sports/html/9D9A9D6C-7ADD-4008-B6F6-3BFAAB49A89E.shtml

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Good luck Chad! Glad to see he is making an impression but there arent too many 6-foot-1 defensive tackle stars in the NFL.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Agreed but if anyone can be one its him !

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

No there arent, but that is usually a strength issue. Lavalais has the strength, and his shorter stature will work to his advantage getting under the pads of the larger offensive linemen. Look at Booger McFarland.. he is only 6'0 and Lavalais is at least as strong as he was as a rookie. Probably quicker off the ball too. THe only problem I saw with Lavalais in the game last week was he came in to high often. That is a common rookie mistake though.