Go Tigers from an AU fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AU VISITOR, Oct 18, 2007.

1. AU VISITOR

AU VISITOR Freshman

I don't want to fill you guys' board up with threads from AU fans but I wanted to say LSU is my 2nd favorite team. I had the pleasure of coming down in 2005 and watching a game in Tiger stadium. Unfortunately my favorite team lost 20-17 in overtime but it was one heck of a game.

I was fortunate to be with 4 of my Whiskey Bay duck hunting buddies who are classy folks and big LSU fans and that probably helped deflect some of the comments that I may have otherwise heard. But whatever, I had a great time and LSU became my 2nd favorite team. I don't know if I have ever eaten so much good food in one day and the beverages were plentiful too.

Auburn's stadium is loud and I found out Tiger stadium is just as loud if not louder. The dang place shook several times. Wow.

Anyway, I wanted to come here and say good luck(kinda) this Saturday and I hope it is a good game. I expect it too be.

By the way, I also want to send out a salute to Glenn Dorsey and Jacob Hester for their open letter recently published. Tiger Stadium is a great place to watch a ball game and I am a big LSU fan (right behind AU) but the stuff I heard directed at Tebow on the tv during the FL game was over the top IMO.

You guys (we) have a great school, team, fans and stadium and it shouldn't be blemished with that sort of language.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Thanks for the classy post, enjoy the game wherever you are when you watch it. Also, feel free to stick around, we have a few Auburn fans that frequent the board. Good luck!

3. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

That's one of the louder games that I can recall in Tiger Stadium. When Vaughn's FG dinked off the goal post in OT, the whole damn stadium was rocking.

I would say good luck on Saturday, but unfortunately I think LSU will need it all to get past a tough AU team.

4. AU VISITOR

AU VISITOR Freshman

I like you guys. I don't know how much luck you'll need with the studs you've got. Last week against KY was a fluke(no offense intended to kY) play it 10 times and LSU wins 9.

AU has been playing much better, defensively anyway but LSU is loaded. It does seem AU can get motivated especially when they are a big underdog and I hope this will help make it a good game. I just feel AU will have to have a few turnovers and get a short field to be able to score. I don't see us having many if any 8-12 play drives on the LSU defense. They are too strong.

Anyway, hopefully it is a good game and I can start pulling for my 2 favorite teams again after this weekend.

Go Tigers.

5. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Geaux. Looks like you've made it here just in time. We'll teach you right.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Great post, thanks for stopping by. I agree with your comments about the chants from the student section bringing disrespect to LSU. I hope they get the message that dorm language should stay there. It is not necessary for everyone's wives, girlfriends, and children to be subjected to that at a public event, against their wishes. I hope you see better behavior this weekend.

I hope for an injury free ballgame, and good execution on both sides of the ball. I'm pulling for my Tigers to win an exciting game.

7. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I hope for something way out of the ordinary. I know it's alot to ask of the SEC and especially an LSU AU game but I would like a game that is not affected by the Refs. Just a nice clean game. Every call is obvious and if disputed it is clear which way to call it. THAT would be nice. Alot to ask for but..........hopefully.

8. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

LSU's defense is good, but it's been progressively playing worse since the beginning of the season. I think that they are capable of playing better, hopefully that'll start this weekend. The stats from the first 3 games have helped LSU stay among the best defenses stat-wise. LSU only allowed 23 points for the first 4 games combined as opposed to 70 allowed for the last 3. But as we all know stats can be thrown out for this game, these teams come ready put a helment on you.

I'm a closet fan of another SEC school, but would never admit it on this board. Of course LSU trumps all when they line up against any of "my teams" spread around the country.