God, I love being good

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Feb 17, 2004.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Folks, every article, magazine, sports report, etc. that you will read now gives LSU the respect we deserve.

There are no what ifs anymore. There are now just timetables.

For example, this quote from CFN.com says that if Georgia is lucky enough to beat us once, they will have a hard time beating us again....this is relevant of course b/c people are automatically putting us in Atlanta 7 months before the season starts. Man I love it.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2004/Ask_CFN/Ask_CFN.htm

2. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

well... it sounds nice, but CFN was pro LSU all last year even from the beginning of the season and appears to me to be pretty well unbiased

when the other big boys get onboard then i'll be more impressed

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Aint it great? Like Jackie used to say HOW SWEET IT IS! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OH YEAH!

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I read that yesterday LSUstudent, and if you go to their "SEC schedule analysis", it's even more glowing...

Almost each & every top conference team's "make or break" or "toughest" game is LSU...That's what's called RESPECT...

5. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

I saw that as well. The only exception was at Vanderbilt which who cares about them and I can understand since it is an SEC East game.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well there is NO ONE in the west that will challenge LSU to go to the SEC CG......so that is not saying too much.....

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

By the title of this thread, I thought you really meant you(LSUstudent) were good. Unless you play on the team, in which case the title would be fitting.;)

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Actually, I read CFN on a regular basis and from what I've seen, they havn't been pro LSU. They favored USC in a match-up against LSU(if it were to happen).

Right after the Rose Bowl, they had a big headline saying "USC National Champs" with a huge picture of the team holding up the trophy. After the Sugar bowl, they had a little bitty article off to the side saying "LSU winner of the Sugar Bowl". So from what I've observed, CFN hasn't been all that "pro LSU". I must say though, as of late they have been giving LSU much respect.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I just read an article about recruiting in Sports Illustration and every time they mentioned either LSU or USUCK they refered to them as co national champions. Rodney Dangerfield gets more respect from SI than we do.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Ummm...I just left a link here the other day that actually had a "mythical semifinal" in the Rose Bowl in which LSU faced off against the Trojans...

We won, 21-20...

I'd say they were pretty pro-LSU...but some of their individual writers were pro-USC...