God, I love being good

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Feb 17, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I guess it comes down to how you define respect.

LSU will get more attention and exposure than we ever had in our football history come August. If that's how you define respect, then we'll have it.

If you define respect by the polls, that'll be a different story. I expect USC will be preseason #1 in both polls ... and I won't be surprised if OU is #2. And I'm not sure if LSU will be #3, but we'll be in the Top 5.

Get use to hearing LSU and USC in the same sentence. When football cranks up and the polls come out in August, that debate will continue week to week ... until one team loses a game or two.

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Uuuumm....I wasn't referring to the "mythical semifinal". I don't know if you read CFN right after the season, but they had four bozos give their take on a USC-LSU matchup, and 3 of them picked USC to win. You also must have missed the part where I said that LATELY CFN has been giving LSU respect.(the "mythical semifinal" would be considered as "lately")

3. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

We just need to keep winning. That will take care of anything.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

We all define respect in our own way. Seems some guys do not think LSU gets resepct unless they pick us to go undefeated and win the whole shabang by shutting out all 13 opponents. Some think we get respect only if we are called the sole NC. Some think we get respect if we are voted into the preseason top 5. Hell, most would probably think we got a lot of respect if we are listed as one of the favorites to win the SEC. To me, that is what it is all about. Compete for the SEC and everything else will fall into place or very close to it. And never, ever worry about getting respect, just worry about how good the Tigahs are. who gives a rats ass what all of these other guys think, I love it when they think we're gonna lose, I love being the underdog. Worked well last year, that's for sure. and the last thing I want is for one of the ESPN guys to start picking us to win as stupid as they are.:D

5. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

I got a shirt, a sweater, a hat among other things that say National Champion on it. I don't care what anyone else says or writes.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

It's too late Dave ... they're on our bandwagon now ... probably even your buddy Trev

I CRAVE & WILL SORELY MISS THE DISRESPECT TO LSU ... The kind of disrespect that makes the players MAD DOG MEAN ... the kind that makes me put my fist through the gypsum board! Luvvvvvvvvvitttt Luvvvvvvvvvvittttt, gimme mo' uvvvvvvittttt

I got one more for you ... LSU & Saban have a .500 record against both Zook and Big Ears

Time to kick the living shit outta both of them again this year in their own house

A loss to either of the two means ... SABAN HAS A NEW DADDY ... Darth Visor was 2-0 vs. Nick

To quote a famous Dean ...

Drunk (with content) Fat (and lazy resting on your laurels) and Stupid is no way to go through life son.