Going to Church makes you FAT

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Well, Church's prides itself on bigger pieces of chicken, so its no wonder you can't get the weight off.

Did you try Catholic church? All the standing and kneeling we do is good cardio.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

and i bet you can really get a workout abusing altar boyz

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

:D running from the clergy can be a good workout.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Ah yes...Catholic aerobics.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So you condone brainwashing children? Pretty sure that the Geneva Convention has something to say about that.

You and Barack are going to share a cell.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They are HER children. Passing on your values to YOUR children hardly constitutes brainwashing.

(You may have been kidding but I couldn't miss the chance to fire one past your bow).

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

what? if teaching your kids to be religious isnt brainwashing then there is no such thig as brainwashing

i actually think it child abuse (seriously)

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

brainwashing:

" refers to a process in which a group or individual "systematically uses unethically manipulative methods to persuade others to conform to the wishes of the manipulator(s), often to the detriment of the person being manipulated"

i think it is unethical to use kids credulity against them. you can tell a kid anything and they eat it right up. its just not fair to take advantage of that, because it is really hard for kids to shake things they are told when they are young.

9. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Teaching my boy about Jesus Christ is my responsiblity as a parent. He will learn about Jesus and when he is an adult he can make his own mind up. I can't tell you if there is a God or not. I can tell you this if there is one and you have to answer to him when you die you will wish you would have done things diffrently. Jesus taught love, kindness and forgiveness. It has been man that has used religion for evil. It has been said that satan's greatest accomplishment was convencing the people he doesn't exist. I'm not taking any chances. My kid will be raised Christian and we will believe. If you don't that's ok but don't chastise me for believing like that prick on hbo does. If there is a god that sob will surely burn for all he says. Bill maher is his name I think. That dude is always on Christians. He doesn't have the nuts to do the same to Muslims. BOOM if he does. I would love to see his face when Jesus asks him why he has said the things he has. I for one and my family will believe.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]