Going to LSU next year...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by drummer5485, May 28, 2003.

1. drummer5485

drummer5485 Founding Member

I will be attending LSU next year as a freshman in music education. I was just wondering if there is anything you guys could tell me to be ready for my first game. I hope to be in tigerband so anything you can tell me about customs and folklore would be great (can't go to Stripes cause of bandcamp). Thanks again.

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome Jeremy!

Congratulations on becoming the newest member of the Golden Band from Tigerland. I can tell you, you are about to become a part of one of the greatest traditions in college football and a member of the best band in the world.

Glad to have your here at TigerForums.com.

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

Just Curious

What brings a guy from Auburn, AL to Baton Rouge to attend LSU? Family? Beautiful girls? Or you just could not resist to part of band that kick an Auburn football player’s A$$?

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

well people go totally nuts when the band plays "pregame" It is typically only played three times a game, once during the pregame march from the music building to the stadium, once right before the team runs onto the feild and then at the intermission between the 3rd and 4th quarters.

In the Tigerband be ready to interact with the student section. They often trade GEAUX TIGERS with each other and also the band sings songs like "Hey Baby." It looks like the band has a lot of fun at the games.

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Make sure you learn how to play "Da____ Da Da_ Da!!"

It makes us go wild

lol.. Welcome to the best band on the planet.