Gold Domers

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Sep 25, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Notre Dame, anyone think they get in? The Georgia Tech win is impressive. They still have Clemson, USC, and Stanford on their schedule. Honestly I feel if they run the table they belong in over any undefeated PAC-12 or undefeated ACC team.

What say you? Can they run it? Will they? Should they be considered over a 1 loss SEC team? Sorry I know it's still very early.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'm not convinced there will be one, but what the hell kind of reasoning is that? SEC proponents have been saying for years now that if you want in, you need a CC and they don't have one.

Right at this point, the only Pac team with a shot is ucla. If they run the table, and win the CCG, of course they should get in over the domers.

Why is the win over North Ave Trade School impressive? They had 2 wins going in.....against Alcorn and Tulane. Weaksauce.

And over a 1-loss SEC team? If there's an undefeated SEC team already in, then sure. There are still 6 left without a loss.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

They are way wounded right now a breaking by the minute. They could stumble this weekend

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They are playing the Minutemen, not the Patriots

5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Talking about the domers with letters on their lid. God doesn't hate them yet.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

because of the in conference gauntlet SEC teams have to go through. You get through the SEC West this year with 1 loss or undefeated and then beat Georgia you should be able to punch your ticket. That's more impressive than going through the Pac-12 undefeated. A 4 team championship with no SEC team would be a complete joke.

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

If you'll notice I said a second team should not get in. If you are talking about 4 teams and you have to make a choice between an undefeated Pac12 CC and a 1 loss SEC champion....it's not automatic. Was it a quality loss, were the wins close or blow outs, strength of schedule. The yardstick before y'all started this was that other conferences didn't have a CCG. That's changed. Now it's back to conference superiority but some of that is based on the cupcake formula which Ahia St has figured out and to which I don't have a problem with. But if it bites you in the ass, so be it.