Golden Band

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Jul 2, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I know that some members of the greatest band in the world post here and wanted to share a story with them. My friend's daughter was a junior in high school last year. She plays in the Comeaux High School band in Lafayette. She was trying to decide where she would like to go to college, she planned on trying to get a band scholarship (she is very, very good) to whatever school she goes to . Her father began the process by bring her to her first LSU football game which turned out to be the Auburn game. She got one taste of the Golden Band from Tiger Land and has not gone to a single other school ! Congratulations guys, you made a huge Tiger fan out of her !

2. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Sort of sounds like my story, only I am not near good enough to be on band or music scholarship. Tiger Band scholarships are usually reserved for out of state students but they do make some exceptions. However, if she is interested in studying music, and she as good as you say she is, then let her try out for the respective studio and see if she can get in and get some money. I am personally on TOPS. But I still remember the instant I decided this is where I want to be. IT was the end of the 3rd quarter at the Houston game, my senior year in highschool, Nick's first year. It's been the best three years of my life. And no I didn't have second thoughts a week later at the UAB game.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Thats how this out of stater made it to Baton Rouge. I dont want to even think about what might have been if some other school had offered me more money.

4. Tigerbnd05

when were you in band, and what did you play??

5. MobileBengal

1999-2000 Trumpet

I still have a few pictures of me and the fish around somewhere.

6. Tigerbnd05

i have some pretty good pictures of the fish too, when we stole it on the way back from Bama last year. It was great, but we gave it back. It was actually MIA for 9 months when the drumline stole it 2002 just before TIGERAMA. They didn't get it back till early in the 2003 season. Now the keeper has it strapped to his back all of practice, never puts it down on the sideline.

7. MobileBengal

You bastards always stealling things! The trombones got is from us one year, and...lets just say there were some very incriminating pictures of the fish and some of the trombone players.

8. Tigerbnd05

are pics were just as bad, only it wasnt just some of us, it was the whole section!

9. pattonquad

pattonquad Founding Member

fish?

I still have a few pictures of me and the fish around somewhere.

Whatcha talking about guys?

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This one time, in band camp, I took a fish.....and.....