Goldman reveals where bailout cash went

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jul 26, 2010.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What does that have to do with this discussion?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

if red were here he would add something borderline meaningful to this discussion. thanks alot gradin99.

1 person likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Because you seem to be blaming the entire bail out on Obama and his defenders when that is not the case. Paulson was a Bush appointee was he not? The point i am trying to get at is Bush/Obama same f'n thing.

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

seems to me that if we are discussing corruption and special interests, that unfortunately, neither side holds a monopoly on that, and both parties are guilty.

it seems relevant to talk about how both parties have thrown money down a rat hole with bailouts.

5. SabanFan

Who are you? Howard Dean?

I'm not talking about bailouts. I'm talking about the expiring tax cuts that Obama won't extend. This will serve to reduce personal income which will do nothing to stimulate the economy. If they were accompanied by spending cuts, maybe, but Obama will go right on spending the additional revenue on entitlements and evironmental programs while unemployment goes up and the economy continues to tank.

Obama says that this will only affect the very rich but as usual the little bastard (literally and figuratively) is lying.

By the way, Bush was long gone when your boy bailed out the car companies and Fannie/Freddie.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

This is true. He always said that Republicans should not assume powers today they would not want the Democrats to have tomorrow. TARP was an excellent example of this. Bush signed a poorly crafted piece of legislation with no controls that Paulson administered terribly, but managed to leave 350 billion for Obama and Geithner to administer even more terribly.

7. SabanFan

Where Bush screwed up was in acting too hastily. In his mind there was a huge problem that needed action but in retrospect, more time should have been devoted to coming up with a plan. Bush knew he was soon to be a lame duck and should have pawned the problem off on his successor, but Bush was an executive and, right or wrong, he acted.

8. CarolinaTiger61

CarolinaTiger61 Recently Repatriated

I'm still not over the fact that 60 United States Senators voted to put a tax cheat in charge of the Treasury. That included 10 Republicans from the alleged party of fiscal responsibility. America really is the land of opportunity.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i hope they dont repeal the whole thing. they should just revert the cuts to cap gains, estate and the 35% bracket. and then gut social security--but neither party has the balls to do it til there is real pain.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

These "bailouts" were a joke.

Atleast this government is finally broke. Maybe once it crumbles we can put the constitution back in play.