Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 21, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Economy Watch - Paolo Pellegrini, the man with the $45 million checking account balance at the middle of the Goldman Sachs case

Some conspiracy.....

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Yes? Do you imagine that this explains anything?

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Not everything. But is a key role. Easy credit with artificially low rates set by the FED.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Funny how the SEC roles out these charges as the Senate is about to begin debate on Wall St. Reform. I wonder if that was planned somehow?

I predict a great buying oppurtunity in the near future.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I agree with Rex, we should have cut our nose off to spite that f***ing face of ours. Come on. Mistakes were made, deregulation doomed us. But you guys suggest that we should have just let the entire financial system collapse rather than loan them money that will be paid back with interest until we can solve the issue of too big to fail? Is that really a better solution? Maybe I'm missing something. Wall street/financial reform has to happen. Anyone with any sense knows that. Why would we want to let the whole thing collapse to prove a point to them yet ruin every average joe out there in the process? The logic is mind boggling.

The real problem is, with the incompetence of our government and the obstructionism that the republicans will surely throw up here, we may not get any meaningful reform and will find ourselves in this same position sometime in the future. Forget the bailouts, the money is being paid back and it was a good investment. Better than spending it on BS pet projects. It's over and behind us so what's the point in arguing about it? Let's focus on the needed reform.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think that has something to do with it for sure. Just the timing of it, and right as we are starting to have talks about regulating wall street, (which i think is a good idea), but why were these clowns even given our money in the first place?

mobius, how can you defend deregulation when its clear that wall street cannot be trusted, and their greed was a major contributor in this crisis in the first place?

Ask California about deregulation.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Minor contributer. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were the MAJOR contributors.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

:huh:

Dude.....4/20 is over. Put it down and walk away slowly.:hihi:

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

never, and what the f was i reading? :huh: just don't pay any attention to me today. :hihi:

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

It blows me away how opinionated some people can be while knowing so very little about the subject. GoldmanSachs just made a much better argument for government regulation than any politician could ever possibly hope to make. It's so convincing in fact that to ignore it and avoid implementing some kind of regulation would be just as criminal and that fraud that GoldmanSachs committed.