Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 21, 2010.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

this is the fly in the ointment for the gop. if they appear to resist stronger regulation it will severely limit the # of seats they pick up in nov.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

explain. is the regulation necessary so we wont have to bail them out again? why dont we just not bail them out? arent they then "regulated" in the sense that they go out of business because of their foolish practices?

3. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Yah Govt. involvement is the answer. Oh we know how well that always works out..

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

You're right. Why even have a government? Everything they do is wrong and they do nothing right.

Let me know when you want to stop being a ****-ing idiot and engage in grownup talk...

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

nobody said that.

i am asking you why we cant just let the market regulate this particular situation. it costs the taxpayers nothing if goldman sachs fails or needs private loans. and isnt the idea that they could recieve a bailout the sort of thing that encourages them to be irresponsible? why should taxpayers bear that burden?

"too big to fail"? nope. taxpayers deserve the bailout.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You either work for the government or are on welfare. Government should collect taxes, run the military and keep infrastructure up and running. They have no business sticking their nose anywhere else.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

If they broke existing laws how is that evidence that we need new laws?

And i say "if" because cnbc had an article yesterday about how the government's case against GS is already falling apart and could unravel completely based off the testimony of one man.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's grandstanding plain and simple. And the Repubs won't fight it because of public perception. Stupid voters want a scalp. It's about politics, not about what's best for you and me. Always was and always will be. See above thread for examples of these stupid voters.

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I know that which is why I find the announcement of the fraud charges against Goldman Sach's came the day the wall street regulation package was introduced. And why Obama immediately had a sponsored link at google trying to make money off of the whole thing.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

I take that you have given up on your argument FOR more regulations...