Gonna see Da Vinci Code?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by NoLimitMD, May 20, 2006.

?

Seeing the Da Vinci Code?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Waiting for DVD

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

i don't go watch movies. i go eat nachos w/jalapena peppers, biggie diet coke, and then take a nap after the previews. The movie startled me out of sleep a couple of times, so next time i'll bring ear plugs.

2. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Im with you... I just read the book, whike in Paris, which made it that much more amazing because I could go to the places in the book. I saw the movie right after reading it, and it wasnt as good as I had hopes. Hanks did good, but the movie couldnt compare to the book.

3. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The movie could have rivaled the book if it had been a mini-series, about 5-6 hours in length. There was just not enough time to setup the plot, and if you didn't read the book, you would have been fairly lost at the beginning of the movie. There were a couple of scenes that were like deja vu from reading the book. The escape from the chateau in the Range Rover down the hill, and through the trees, was exactly as I envisioned it. Way to go Mr. Howard. I thought Hanks did a great job, but he wasn't academic enough for me. But I can't seem to find any other big screen actor who could have pulled off both academic and a bit athletic.

The only real problem I had with the movie was the blue-eyed albino. Geez, give the educated public a bit of credit, and make an albino all-natural. Give him some nasty red contacts and make him look really wicked evil.