Gonzales a candidate for Kent State Job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU01, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

But how much of this goes away with consistent QB play? Of course, Billy's title lends itself to endless speculation, so we don't know for sure who is coaching the QBs. But, in my opinion, if he's not coaching them, then we need someone who can/will. Crowton clearly cannot get it done.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

If what was reported this spring was actually true, that he had to teach all the receivers how to put the correct foot forward in their stance, then yes, the WRs were essentially hopeless. McCarthy didn't coach them for ****, because that's first day of high school practice material.

D. Peterson didn't do anything until the final two games last season, what do you mean? He was hurt for the start of this year but had a pretty solid back stretch, I thought.

Shepard was misused, but Billy didn't make that decision and he doesn't call the plays. He did work with Shep and get him better from start of the year to the end though. (Rewatch the Bama/OM games and you'll see Shep make a few nice grabs away from his body.)

Toliver was a disappointment this season, but he was always a mercurial talent anyway. The other WRs improved I thought. Randle made a leap this year, and we saw young guys Kadron Boone and Chris Tolliver emerging late. James Wright was out there a lot too and ended up with a few grabs.

Awful, but who knows if that's because a co-coordinator system is inefficient and stupid, which we at LSU should be wary of by now, or because his superior, Gary Crowton was equally or more terrible, which should be consensus?

Give the guy more than 8 months before we judge him, is all I'm saying. Especially when his predecessor was awful, his superior is awful, and it's unclear how much input he even has.

1 person likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I can live with that.

4. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I was told that Gonzales and Wilson do not get along and that Wilson may be looking to leave after the season. If that is the case I would much rather Wilson stay and Gonzales go. Wilson is very important to recruiting especially in the New Orleans area.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If it comes down to one of those 2, see ya Gonzo....

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't know but given the 3 talented receivers he had to work with and a QB who had 2 years experience in the system (and a couple of very talented freshmen WR to boot), there is no way in hell our passing game should have been the butt of many a joke across the nation. He was in charge of that. I don't see how you can spin it any other way. He failed. He simply failed.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

But he told us to spin in the Florida game. We forgot that skill, but we had it that one day.

8. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Yesterday, December 20th, Darrell Hazell was named as Kent State's new head football coach, becoming the first minority to lead the football program in its 90-year history, as reported by the Associated Press.