Good Bad or Ugly

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by grote1947, Sep 12, 2002.

1. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

The LSU Tigers are my team regardless of who, how or what they play.

2. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

Yep.

I've had this same conversation time and time again with CU fans here in Denver.

They are the biggest fans in the world, until CU loses. Then, it's "College football is over, Go Broncos!!"

They have poked fun at us at times over the years at times when we, the LSU folks, keep our faith and never lose hope in a game, even when things are looking rough. They just don't understand that we don't have a choice--we're LSU fans, win or lose, from birth to death.

On the other hand, the CU folks do understand that no matter what the situation, when the Tigers play and they're invited, they're going to get great food, plenty to drink, and a better time than they could ever have watching their Buffs.

For better or for worse, a pot of jambalaya and a keg goes a long way in converting new fans into the Tiger Fold...

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

These are the attitudes of the True Tiger Fans!

GEAUX TIGERS! (no matter what)

4. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

I also love the Tigers win lose or draw, but I still go into mourning after a loss. I always will. The next game always brings me back up. I truly hate it when we lose the last game of the season. But I do love it so much. LSU!!!!

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I feel like I agree with all of you but especially TigerFan's thoughts about a loss depressing me. Even a big Saints win can't quite ease the pain (usually). While W's satisfy the current hunger, I also tend to combine them with the upcoming schedule and this may add to my excitement/frustration. I live for the pre-game atmostphere on the LSU campus like everyone else. For instance, if LSU is 4-1 going into the Florida game, the South Carolina (sorry, can't call them USC like everyone else) game the next week will make Florida that much more important to me and add to my elation/depression of the outcome. Anyone ever notice how Mike has that extra swagger on the day of a big game? You can tell by his strut that he knows its going to be a battle that night and everyone is getting revved up early.

6. grote1947

Mike's Swagger

I like the way Mike sets up the opposition lurking around his cage at pregame. Then he sprays them marking his territory. That's one smart Tiger. And the idiots standing next to his territory deserve what they get. Most of those sprayed happen to be from our opponents. The LSU faithful know better.

7. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

I've been a Tiger fan so long that I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly.

The first game I remember seeing was LSU - Ga. Tech and Jerry Stovall returned a punt for a touchdown.

Geaux Tigers

8. grote1947

The Sardines were tight.

Last night in Tiger Stadium was as Hot, Sultry, Heavy air, and just as much fun as I've always had in Death Valley. I was 12 years old in 1959 sitting in the south end zone watching John Vought's Rebs do the stupidest thing I,ve ever seen in football. It was also the greatest thing I've seen a defense do ever, and they played both ways back then. Yea maybe Billy Cannon's punt return put us ahead that night, but the fact that Cannon, Rabb, Robinson, and those boys played both ways and stopped Ole Miss on the one over and over again still means more to me than Cannon's punt return. And it wasn't until I was older I realized how stupid Vought was when just 2 more simple field goals would have given them the National Championship. My grandson was with me last night and he's hooked, even though his dad played at Alabama(golf that is). Sure it was packed like sardines, and it was hard to maneuver with artificial joints in my rt. leg, but I'd do it again, and not for my grandson. I'd do it for me. Thankls LSU for another memory. :D

GEAUX TIGERS