Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Bama

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Nov 9, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

THE GOOD
    1. LSU defense played excellent football. Seven 3-an-outs in the second half. Nobody has stymied Alabama like this.
    2. Bama was shutout in the second half with 40 yards of offense . . . until that last 50-second, 55-yard drive.
    3. The LSU offense dominated the time of possession, keeping the defense off the field and keeping Sims and Cooper off it too. Bama can't score if they can't get the ball back.
    4. Jennings finally found his legs again and got us out of a couple of tight spots.
    5. LSU was able to run the ball on a stout Bama front seven.
    6. Dozens of recruits got to see the stadium at its best, got to watch a damn strong overtime football game, and saw a lot of youngsters playing early.
    7. Instant replay. Without it the officials would have denied LSU's only TD.

THE BAD
    1. Key dropped passes from Quinn, Dupree, and Jones.
    2. Jennings still has trouble finding open receivers, throwing deep into double coverage when receivers are open underneath.
    3. Only 3 point on offense in the second half despite dominating the clock and the number of plays.
    4. The decision to let Jennings throw with time running out in the first half. Interception leading to a Bama FG.
    5. 76 passing yards won't cut it in the SEC. You can't be one-dimensional in this league.
    6. Alexanders foul on the 6. What the hell could he have been thinking?
    7. SEC referees simply don't call holding anymore. And damn little pass interference.
    8. Letting Bama get the sideline routes on the last drive. 9 plays in only 47 seconds.
    9. The LSU defense looked a bit tired on that last drive and in OT. Haven't seen that before.
    10. 4 bad passes on the OT drive when we had been getting first downs with the run
    11. Rashard Robinson got himself suspended for the second time this season. Looks like Les has a new problem child.
    12. Run, run, pass will not work against a top defense. If there was ever a game to mix in some first-down passes, this was it.

THE UGLY
    1. Domingue's out-of-bounds kickoff. It gave Bama the field position that they needed.
    2. The penalty on Alexander. Lots of shoving going on from both sides on that play. There should have been a no-call or offsetting penalties. One referee changed the game.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I was right in front of that play and no way should a personal foul been called. That was a way to ensure LSU only gets a chance at 3.

GregLSU, Sourdoughman and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

And I would be more critical of the paly calling if there was even a decent guy behind center.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

There were no dropped passes, only terrible Jennings throws. Pride123 said so.

The int. led to a field goal.

5. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Well said, Red.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The Ugly:
    1. Miles recruitment of QB's
    2. Miles development of QB's
    3. Miles idea of a passing attack
    4. Miles run, run, pass punt philosophy
    5. Prevent D
    6. The run defense when Welter is in the game.
    7. The inability to take advantage of 8-9 men in the box and single coverage with no safety help.
    8. watching every other team in the nation complete more than 8 passes a game.
    9. Watching high school games on Friday and thinking these teams could complete more than 8 passes against Bama.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

What was the atmosphere/intensity like inside the stadium? It was difficult for me to assess watching the game. I mean, it was loud, but my sense was, about the same as any other game against a SEC opponent.

8. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I was wondering this as well. I am not sure if the camera and audio properly captured it sitting in my home in NC.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Wasn't nearly as loud as the ole siss game, but was loud. Seemed to be a nervous crowd last night and turns out it was with good reason.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Try to imagine how serious anybody could take this.