Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 19, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My comments are about Harris.

Everybody has an opinion, OK? I'm talking about production on the field in LSU football games. Harris has not demonstrated this greatness yet. That's all. He has been given an opportunity and he will get more opportunities. Bright future, sure. But his actual play has not separated him from Jennings so far.

2. red55

"reading defenses is overblown" . . . is that right, coach? For heavens sake, reading defenses is essential. If you don't think the quarterbacks are making reads out there, if you don't think that they might be learning some things from the coaches calls, if you can't imagine how important this is . . . well, I'm not surprised at all, amigo.

titoabad1 and TwistedTiger like this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can agree with this.

My retort would be that in the 3 chances he has had he was pretty damn good in 2 of them and stunk it up in the other. It's going to be difficult for him to separate if he doesn't get the chance and 10 is getting the most of the snaps with the 1's in practice.

Bottom line is Harris best quality is one that Miles doesn't really value. As long as Miles isn't interested in a real "quality" passing game Harris will continue to sit.

4. shane0911

They learn the play that is sent in and they run it. Watch them. When is the last time you've seen an LSU quarter back check out of the play that was sent in?

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

OBJ and Landry would probably disagree with you. One of them even said as much that the coaches had him ready for the NFL.

6. shane0911

Last year my man. The QB situation was a bit different then don't you think?

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I don't think AJ has done enough to garner the starts, plus basically the entire game like he has. That is all I'm arguing here. If you break down percentage of drives that lead to TD's, which is the goal or should be the goal of the O. Then Harris has performed better. I think he should have gotten more PT over the previous two games. Let them fight it out that way, fairly on the field of a GAME. Fact is we need more QB production these next few weeks.

8. red55

I think he deserves more time, but not equal time. Not yet.

9. red55

Saturday night! Several times. Don't believe me, although you should. Scott Long said it well.

"Jennings did not turn the ball over, and the most encouraging thing I saw from him was his improvement in utilizing his “checkdowns.” One play in particular that I was happy to see was a third down conversion on LSU’s eighth offensive drive. Facing a third-and-long, Kentucky played a “Cover 2 Deep,” to eliminate the deep routes. Jennings chose to hit his checkdown in Magee, who made a linebacker miss and picked up the first down. Kudos to Cameron and Miles for giving Jennings more options in the short passing game. Some of you may have noticed that LSU’s first three passes were to a tight-end, a fullback and a running back. If you give Jennings those short routes, it will force defenses to play more zone, allowing Jennings to take his shots down the field later on. That’s just the sort of thing that will make this LSU offense led by Jennings less predictable in the long run."

10. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Which is why both need to play meaningful snaps. It's not about benching Jennings, it's about allowing both to develop. Sitting Harris until we lead or trail by 40 points does not help this team down the line.

TigerSnarl likes this.