Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

You said that Coach Miles wasn't interested in a "real quality passing game". Yes the QB situation was different, but he apparently was interested last year.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I feel that way about many of the positions. Play those reserve offensive linemen some. Three of them will have to start next year and they will be green, just when our quarterbacks, receivers, and freshman backs will be greatly improved and experienced.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

100 % agree with you on this

Not even sure if Mettenberger audibled. And he was more than capable.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Geez, do you guys watch the games? Mettenberger audibled at the line a lot. Quarterbacks have checked out of plays this year numerous times.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ok screen door. Not check down to another receiver on the same play. I mean look at a defense and say "fuck this isn't going to work" and check to another play. No doesn't happen. They may read it. They may realize the play won't work. But they snap the ball.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Uh huh

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Jennings can barely run the play we have scripted and called. No fucking way he has ever audibled. You're seeing things, old man.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Who cares about what play is called? Reading a defense isn't just about the ability to change a play. If you know who is dropping back, who is covering man, where the safety is going, who is covering zone, THAT ABILITY TO READ A DEFENSE, can put you in a position to look to the receiver that's running the route that will beat that coverage. I mean shit you got what 3 seconds to pull the trigger if you are lucky? Don't you think the ability to know based on tells, based on film, tendencies, which defenders are going where so maybe you can determine presnap which target would be a higher percentage for completion, would be a nice thing for a quarterback to have?

shane0911 likes this.
  9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I just don't understand why Miles refuses to develop our 'backup' QB's. He could have given Harris meaningful snaps in the second quarter. Too many of Harris' 'opportunities' come in real bad situations.... Wisconsin game in a hurry up mode, Auburn on road. Clearly he is not Mett and I am not saying he should be starting or even getting the same amount of time as Jennings. But we just need a plan to develop the younger talent in case of injury or whatever may come up.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think that's the million dollar question, the other question that has been brought up is, is it really a meaningful snap if all you are doing is handing the ball off. Out of all of the snaps on offense you could argue the only meaningful snaps Anthony Jennings got were 14, and Harris 1.

LSUpride123 likes this.