Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 19, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Who said he was great?

And finally the real discussion. You have Jennings, who has 1 off seasons extra than Harris (as well as a full season behind Mett) and is basically separates himself from Harris only because he can hand the ball of better under center.

Given the wide knowledge that both are basically equal, Jennings slightly more along in the knowledge department, wouldn't it make sense for a 50/50 split until one actually pulls away in the game?

I mean, I wouldn't even raise a stink of Miles didn't tell us that, "both QB's will be needed/used". Mop up duty is not my definition of being "needed"

In all honesty, its fine if Jennings is "the guy". Les Miles should state that clearly and move on. He should also let the kid throw more than 2 passes in the second half of the Kentucky game.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not a fan of 50/50 game play. The offense never gets rhythm that way. Getting the other guy in earlier vs KY would have been nice.

Bottom line is Les has made his decision and I'm not convinced that it's wrong but like many others I'm concerned if there is an injury. It's quite the conundrum

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Harris got to take a meaningful snap and take a knee in the "victory formation."

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

methinks most of the concern about harris and meaningful playing time is in regard to 2015. I don't think the staff has written off 2014 yet.

StaceyO and leroy7500 like this.
  5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree there are still obtainable goals for this season. The problem or concern is I think most are interested in what Harris can develop into. Every day that passes with him as #2 cements that position a little further.

I'm not bashing 10. I don't dislike the kid. I just dont think he is very good and I think it's hope and a prayer he gets much better than what we have seen.

LSUDieHard likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Are you blind? You and Gru watch football games and have no friggin' understanding of what you are looking at. There are a dozen examples in every game. Here is just one.

Go to 21:10 and watch the play. Jennings goes under center and sends a man into motion. Then he see the right linebacker back off into coverage so he checks off and calls an audible to a left off-tackle run right into the area he vacated. You do realize that when he yells to the line on the right, then yells at the line on the left, and then signals the backs with his hand that he is calling an alternate play!

titoabad1 and Winston1 like this.
  7. red55

It's a lot more than that. Jennings is steadier in the pocket, he checks off plays with confidence, he makes fewer mistakes, and manages the offense better.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

No way you can know any of that. Harris isn't given as much time as Jennings.

In any case, Jennings makes plenty of mistakes. He is so scared of throwing the ball away, he takes many needles sacks. He also has happy feet. Doesn't plant them.

9. red55

Then ask Les! He has said so on his radio show.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think Red has some good points. I do agree with you though, I think Harris has at the very least earned more playing time. He should be getting a lot more series but Miles has his man. He does not trust either, so he wants the surer thing. I just think we need someone who will throw the ball to beat Ole Miss and or Bama. The D is coming around but we will still need more production from the O.

With Harris he has proven to be more productive when give the opportunities. The TD to drives ratio does not lie. I think if both were given more equal opportunity Harris would prove better. He may be more risk, but there is more reward. In this conference I'd take that. In the Big Ten, we could afford to sit Harris and let him learn. In the SEC we need someone to make plays.