Good, Bad, & Ugly -- Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Oct 19, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought he left because he was tired of me. Damn..

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

This. I'm disappointed that the pumpers feel the need to trash Harris. Neither QB has separated himself from the other.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I haven't seen 1 person trash Harris on here. I have seen quite a few trash Jennings.

TigerTap and titoabad1 like this.
  4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

You see what you want to see. Those who trash Miles and Jennings and boo players deny it, too.

5. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

LSU QB lack of production will be primarily responsible for loses to OM and Bama. I'll say it once again, Jennings doesn't have the passing skills necessary to produce an SEC Championship or even wins against the SEC Big Boys. What you saw against Auburn and State are what you're going to see against Ole Miss and Alabama.

Now watch that Wallace boy; a real QB a la Mettenberger. QB's that can't read defenses, find primary/secondary receivers and go through their progressions are worthless against really good defenses like OM and Bama.

6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Perhaps an outside view will help. This is from Scott Long's Monday Morning rewind (Dandy Don) ;

As for Anthony Jennings’ performance, I thought he did exactly what LSU expected him to do, and nothing more. Jennings did not turn the ball over, and the most encouraging thing I saw from him was his improvement in utilizing his “checkdowns.” One play in particular that I was happy to see was a third down conversion on LSU’s eighth offensive drive. Facing a third-and-long, Kentucky played a “Cover 2 Deep,” to eliminate the deep routes. Jennings chose to hit his checkdown in Magee, who made a linebacker miss and picked up the first down. Kudos to Cameron and Miles for giving Jennings more options in the short passing game. Some of you may have noticed that LSU’s first three passes were to a tight-end, a fullback and a running back. If you give Jennings those short routes, it will force defenses to play more zone, allowing Jennings to take his shots down the field later on. That’s just the sort of thing that will make this LSU offense led by Jennings less predictable in the long run.

On second thought...those who have already decided Jennings is the second coming of JJ won't care or change their tune. For those with open minds this may help.

red55 and jdkees like this.
  7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I'm not at all trashing AJ. He is a solid QB. All I'm saying is Harris is deserving of equal PT until one separates. I think Harris has proven to be better, it is just he is not what Miles wants right now. As I mentioned before AJ has had many, many more snaps yet is barely double Harris in yards. TD's and INT's are AJ 7/3 compared to Harris 6/2. So imagine based on the numbers how much more effective LSU would be at putting up points with Harris playing more. With a lil more playing time he would have learned to control himself better. We need better passing against Ole Miss and Bama in order to have a chance to win.

To everyone saying Harris is not ready because of the Auburn game performance. It was horrible. How quick y'all are to forget AJ the previous week against Miss St and all those INT's that helped put LSU in a whole we could not get out of. Had Harris come in sooner LSU wins.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Actually, all of the interceptions were against New Mexico State. He was merely ineffective against MSU.

How has Harris proven to be better, though? He was better against MSU and New Mexico State. But both QB's have a small sample size at this point.

9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Thanks for pointing out the INT's were against New Mexico St. Not sure why I was thinking MSU.

As for why I feel Harris is better, well he lead LSU to I believe 9 consecutive TD's. He has nearly the same amount of passing TD's as AJ with far less attempts. I also feel like the play calling is better and more diverse. He spreads the ball around. With AJ he is trying too hard to be a game manager. He also mainly eyes Dural.

My main thing is that Harris should have gotten a lot more snaps the previous two games I think if he had he would have proven to be more effective. Probably a lil more risk but the reward is far greater. LSU will have to keep the Ole Miss and Bama D more honest. They won't wear down in the second half like Kentucky did. The OL was not dominant like they were against UF. So we can't really bank on them.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member