Good, Bad, & Ugly -- New Mexico State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 28, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree. It seems like our formation sets up a struggling Jennings to fail. He struggles passing yet we bring everyone in tight so we limit his play-making ability with his legs, too. The kind of things Miles does that makes me wonder if he's really that stupid.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Can't really say this until it happens.

The thing about Harris is that he spreads the ball around. It's as if he's trying to make sure every receiver gets a few shots at fame. ... and that makes them ALL put out a tad of extra effort for him.

The only thing I'm worried about with the SEC talent, is the pass rush. But even here, the line tended to step it up a bit when Harris was in.

He could very well go out and complete 78% on an SEC team. He could also go out and completely flop. We'll have to wait and see ....

... that is .... provided that he even sees the field. As CLM said, .. "he can't say that yet".

gyver likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

We need to recruit smarter tigers.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I think rival fans are cheaper to acquire.

GregLSU and lsu-i-like like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, the odds are against it. Peyton Manning didn't even have numbers like that. The best rated quarterbacks n the NCAA stats today don;t have numbers like that. It was one game against a particularly outclassed cupcake.

Interestingly, at halftime Harris had a quarterback rating of 314.4 and Jennings had one of -21.5. Yes, that's minus 21.5. Harris ain't that good and Jennings ain't that bad.

gynojunkie, P&G_wheelz007 and GregLSU like this.
  6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Harris is the better quarterback. It is quite comical people will say that Harris played vs a JV team, but disregards Jennings had the same opportunities.

7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Wow. I didn't know that there were negative ratings. Jennings can play much better than he did last night. It is mental. He cracked under the pressure. That can be a tough thing to overcome without professional help.

8. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

You are correct. I think the question is if Harris can put up half of his numbers against Auburn. Nothing says he can't right now.

gyver likes this.
  9. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Pretty damn spot on.

It amazed me how different the team was when Harris finally entered the game. They looked like a new team.

I have to put coaching up there with the bad, you could even argue ugly. Three out of five games LSU came out flat, with no fire, and a horrible game plan. The play calling was very predictable, I knew what was coming next based on formation and personnel. That is simply unacceptable at this level. Miles stuck with AJ for too long. When your QB appears to lose all confidence you must make a change. That was evident early on that AJ was not in the game. The team was not ready to play. It was not just AJ though, two fumbles as well. The OL was getting owned early on. There is no excuse for not bring in Harris earlier or planning to use him more. It was clear the entire team fed off of him. Miles had his mind made up with AJ.

All the negative stuff aside. It was a much needed win. Harris has now(hopefully) firmly established himself as the starting moving forward. He will make FR mistakes in time. That is a give, especially in this league. However his upside is limitless. His arm is beyond special.

Fournette is showing a lot of promise. He is becoming more patient. He is showing tremendous vision. I like Williams as lot as well. The Tigers are loaded at RB.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Which tells me that the coaching staff, whether consciously or subconsciously, has more faith and confidence in Harris. The team sure responded that way.

ROY_LA_CA and Winston1 like this.