Good, Bad, & Ugly -- New Mexico State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You have never had a cat have you?

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Maybe they should play the audio of Les' press conferences and pep talks for 12 hours prior to game time. That might provide some incentive. :D

ParadiseiNC and GregLSU like this.
  3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Yup, had them all my life growing up. Mom wouldn't let me have a dog... she was a cat person. I am fully aware of the anti-social and better than thou disorders that plagues the feline persuasion.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Dogs have masters. Cats have staff.

cajdav1, wjray, GregLSU and 2 others like this.
  5. J Smoove

J Smoove Veteran Member

Correct, the defense held Bama
    to 5 field goals and 1 TD. What NC game was that idiot watching?

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Jennings appears to be a head case. I think the poor showing vs MooU and the increased pressure from Harris have really gotten to him. His 1st quarter against a cupcake was one of the worst (if not the worst) showings that I've ever seen from a QB on any level. He just looked lost and confused, and like he was trying to do too much when he pulled the trigger. It's not a good sign for a QB when he just gets worse as the pressure increases. Leaders should thrive under pressure, not wilt away. I think the end of the Arky game last year was perfect for him because he simply did not have time to think about it and get worked-up.

As for the offense's complexion when Harris entered the game, it's amazing what a little respect for the pass can do for the run game and OL. It's been said that Harris has yet to grasp the entire playbook, but the offense is clearly more complex when he plays, so that can only mean that Jennings knows less of the playbook if that's true.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Lets see what he can do against Auburn. The opposition last week was not very good and completely worn out in the 3rd quarter.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

No question. Anybody with any sense should not expect him to complete 80% of his passes in an SEC road game. But I still think the mere fact that he'll be back there will open-up the defense a bit, and will allow us to be more balanced with our offense.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Yall are right, the O was terrible.

I'd still say that was probably the Ds worst game, I'd say that JJ had been stinking it up at offense prior to that game so little could be expected from the O (and little was gotten). I'd say that Alabama had:
    Drives >10 plays: 2/12
    Drives > 50 yards: 5/12
    Drives resulting in points: 6/12
    and attempted fgs: 8/12
    and victory formation: 9/12
    3 and outs: 2/12
    Punts: 3/12

I was frustrated when I made the claim, but I think Alabama beat us on both sides of the ball that day.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

When you look at the amount of time the defense was on the field that night we are lucky it wasn't 56 nuts in the 3rd.

cajdav1 likes this.