Good Bye Big 10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 6, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

FYI:

Just last year Jimmy Sexton used the Auburn opening for leverage to a Top 10 contract for Jimbo Fisher: $4M/ yr thru 2018. Even at a paltry 5%, that adds another $1M to Sexton coffers. Jimmy Sexton doubled down and gets Gus Malzahn the Auburn job. Initially it is a $2.3M/ yr contract which he parlayed into another 6 yr nearly $4M/ yr before the SECCG. Additionally, there is the payout that Gene Chizik is receiving and the total cash value for that 1 opening, at a minimum, is worth $2.4M to Sexton after all the moves are accounted. Moreover, one of his client coaches will have their “new” deal ripped up in the middle of January. Sexton has the same playbook for the Texas mess. Saban has a new deal – obscene money, leaving some on the table with the theory being that pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. Now since he has had that “intimate” contact with Texas brain trust, he can guide the decision makers to another client. Will the results be the same? I would bet even money that it will.

TigerTap likes this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And now to return to the subject at hand, the disaster that is Big 10 football.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I must let you know that I am not taking the "disaster" well, but I am seeking help.

I've joined a therapy group. My therapist is encouraging positive thinking. She asked me to think of something positive about my Iowa Hawkeyes. I thought and thought, but came up with nothing positive to say. She said, "Are you sure you can't think of even one little thing?" I said, "I'm positive!" She said, "SEE, we're making progress!!"

My new life coach wants me to just change teams. I said, "...like who?" He said, "Like....just about anyone!"

My doctor, though, is really good at loading me up with prescription drugs. He knows all about my pain. He's a Mississippi State grad.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Good one Hawk.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The context was that @shane0911 wrote it, and since he is Cajun, it certainly meant plural beer.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

When I said "no quantity", you should read "no limits on quantity".

LSUDad, shane0911 and StaceyO like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

At least until there are none left in the ice chest

LSUDad likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

upload_2014-9-18_14-11-40.jpeg

Hawker45 and LSUDad like this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I say I'll buy you a beer that means one beer or possibly two. If I say I'll buy the beer that means however much beer is needed for the occasion. Da Bearz

LSUDad likes this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

All this beer talk is making me thirsty.

shane0911, LSUDad and Bengal B like this.