Good Bye Big 10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 6, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Miles isn't leaving LSU for Michigan. In fact he ain't leaving, period. Miles has gotten very comfortable. I even hear it in his voice when he's interviewed at half, etc. There's a noticeable calm in his demeanor. He's about to start having buildings, streets, and kids named after him. Heck, maybe even a statue. :D

StaceyO likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Harbaugh? If they pull that one off. Never mind. Like I said, most of their problems are off the field. They may end up going the Hoke way again. Hokes Alma Mater is Ball St, he was coaching at San Diego St. They are paying him around $2 M, you get what you pay for. What coach in their right mind would want to go there and fight that? I always talk about the right fit, there a only a few coaches I see as the right fit.

Look at Tx, a BYU loss last year is what got the DC fired, what does it get this year, nothing but the sides back at each other, you have the Mack side, the side that almost got saban, the side that wanted Strong and the side that don't know what they want. Another program, with much of their problems off the field. They were the big dog on the block, a&m, Baylor, etc, have pushed them to the side. Remember, Long Horn Network, top ranked recruiting classes, too much money, top ranking every year. How the mighty have fallen. If a team has a great or very good coach, they will do everything in their power to keep him right now, teams can drop real fast, an take years to recover

mctiger, StaceyO and red55 like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Couldve just said CF is cyclical.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Could have but there are a bunch of teams still waiting to get back into the mix, an I don't see it anytime soon. Some teams are their own worst enemy.

All too often the guys with the money at schools, the only thing they know about football and coaches, is so minimal. They know what tastes good on Saturday night in the suite, how to mingle among friends, an pass the BS.

I had a field pass one night to a college football game, the AD came by, after about 10 mins, I asked one of the coaches I know, "Where did y'all get this guy?" He lasted less than two years, good thing, the guy could have done some real damage to their program.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. old school

old school Veteran Member

6. old school

The older I get the more I pull against certain teams because of their coaches, programs,etc., instead of for teams because I simply like them. I will pull against THE Ohio State as long as Urban Cryer is there. My dislike for Myer is such that I was glad to see the historically elite Big 10,12,14 lose because it weakens OSU's strength of schedule and any hope of them making the playoffs.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The only two teams I've ever liked in the big 10 are Northwestern & Wisconsin. The rest I always pull against unless they are playing each other, then I pull for the underdog. Can't stand Delaney either, hope he is all stressed out..

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Proves what I've always said about people hating winners. Pretty true in life, in general. Everyone likes an underdog.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. old school

When I was a child I pulled for all of the perennial winners. But as I got older watching a top tier school beat the living crap out of Kentucky, Vandy, Northwestern, etc. is just boring. I seek out competitive match ups, pull for or against teams that may impact LSU or just route for the underdog.

cajdav1 likes this.
  10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm not sure why others like Northwestern, but I like them because Pat Fitzgerald is hot (hot enough to be LSU's coach when Les retires...)

LSUTiga and cajdav1 like this.