Good candidate for LSU DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Re: helmet heads

you are a very bitter person on this subject. you related to Steele or something?

2. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Re: helmet heads

No, just tired of waiting for Miles to hire a DC, the lack thereof which is hurting in recruiting. I don't care if they hire Kevin Steele or Remington Steele, how about a warm body? I just don't buy your reasons for dismissing Steele, as a DC candidate. You recommend Singletary -- a splashy name that would aid recruiting for sure, but is he ready for a coordinator position -- he finished playing in the NFL in 1992 and began his coaching career last yr, what was he doing in the interim?

Steele just sounded like a good name to me -- there are others out there, that Philter, for example, has proposed, mostly NFL position coaches. The point is, it needs to be done now.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I will say this about Singletary....the guy is intense when it comes to defense, is a born leader, and would do great motivating young kids to achieve their potential on the football field. he is no nonsense and doesn't take crap from anyone. while out of football he was a motivational speaker that I know for sure. Baltimore has some of the best LBs in the game...why not give Singletary a call???

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Thank God you are not in charge of hiring the DC!!!!!

5. Tampatiger84

Tampatiger84 Freshman

How about Rod Marinelli the Defensive line coach from the Bucs. The dude is a great coach and knows defenses very very well. :tigerhead

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He's the new DC for the 49ers, so I think you had that pegged correctly. :thumb:

8. veedo

veedo Founding Member

I have to give Miles credit. He is really going after a coach that is highly regarded by NFL teams.