Good column on Iraq/Vietnam

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LsuCraig, Feb 27, 2006.

1. homertiger

homertiger Founding Member

"Does [America] realize the meaning of every Iraqi becoming a missile that can cross to countries and cities?" Saddam Hussein, September 29, 1994
    "[W]hen peoples reach the verge of collective death, they will be able to spread death to all..." Al-Jumhuriyah, October 4, 1994 (State-controlled newspaper)
    "[O]ur striking arm will reach [America, Britain and Saudi Arabia] before they know what hit them."Al-Qadisiyah, October 6, 1994 (State-controlled newspaper) "One chemical weapon fired in a moment of despair could cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands." Al-Quds al-Arabi, October 12, 1994 (State-controlled newspaper)
    "If [other Arab nations] persist on pursuing their wrongful path, then we should — or rather we must — place the swords of jihad on their necks..."
    Saddam Hussein, January 5, 1999
    "Oh sons of Arabs and the Arab Gulf, rebel against the foreigner...Take revenge for your dignity, holy places, security, interests and exalted values."
    Saddam Hussein, January 5, 1999

U.S.S. Cole Bombing, October 12, 2000
    "[Iraqis] should intensify struggle and jihad in all fields and by all means..."
    Iraq TV, October 22, 2000 (State-controlled)
    The Attacks of September 11
    "The United States reaps the thorns its rulers have planted in the world."
    Saddam Hussein, September 12, 2001
    "The real perpetrators [of September 11] are within the collapsed buildings."
    Alif-Ba, September 11, 2002 (State-controlled newspaper)
    "[September 11 was] God's punishment."
    Al-Iktisadi, September 11, 2002 (State-controlled newspaper)
    "If the attacks of September 11 cost the lives of 3,000 civilians, how much will the size of losses in 50 states within 100 cities if it were attacked in the same way in which New York and Washington were? What would happen if hundreds of planes attacked American cities?"
    Al-Rafidayn, September 11, 2002 (State-controlled newspaper)
    "The simple truth [about September 11] is that America burned itself and now tries to burn the world."
    Alif-Ba, September 11, 2002 (State-controlled magazine)
    "t is possible to turn to biological attack, where a small can, not bigger than the size of a hand, can be used to release viruses that affect everything..."
    Babil, September 20, 2001 (State-controlled newspaper) "The United States must get a taste of its own

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Post of the Year!:thumb:

3. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

And there's a bunch of people like you.........they believe the same thing you do so they'll turn any war if it's not over in two weeks into "another Nam." Therefore, we shouldn't go to war anymore at all because when we do, even when things are going well and we are defeating the enemy, our soldier's efforts will be demeaned by these American traitors. You made my point for me.

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Name one that was more of a threat? Name one with a history of mass-murder with weapons of mass destruction? Name one who had threatened war with us? Name one who shot at our planes? Name one who had invaded neighbors? Name one who had shot msisiles at Israel? Name one who it was proven had weapons of mass destruction and had proven they were crazy enough to use them?

IMO, that is all a tired song of Saddam being less than capable. How capable do you need to be to arm a terrorist with uranium?

5. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

I get tired of saying this, but since very few seem to possess the capacity to understand, I will repeat myself over and over and over. The countries of the middle east are like dominos, they have to be dealt with in succession. Iraq was/is vital. We now are able to surround Iran with significant ground forces on two sides, from Afghanistan and Iraq, not to mention with Naval forces in the Persian Gulf. Iraq also provides an avenue to Syria as well. I will post a visual aid, maybe that will help.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Oh, now it's a bunch of people like me. What a cop out.

7. red55

North Korea's Kim Jong Il .
    No one has committed mass murder of Americans except Al Qaida.
    Slobovan Milosovitch of Yugoslavia. Muamar Quaddafi of Libya. Kim Jong Il . The Taliban. And don't forget Al Qaida.
    Yugoslavia shot down a steath fighter. China shot down a recconnaisance plane.
    Serbia.
    Only Russia, China, Britain, France have missiles that can hit the US.
    Practically every modern army in the world has chemical weapons. Among our enemies, only Kim Jong Il has nuclear weapons and is a certifiable lunatic. An Islamic nation with nuclear weapons is Pakistan, where Osama is also hiding and plotting Musharrif's fall, so that Pakistan can become an islamic government like Iran.

What uranium is that? :hihi:

8. red55

Now where have we heard this one before? :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. red55

All in favor of using our balls for brains say Aye.

SabanFan: Aye :wink:

10. marcmc99

marcmc99 Founding Member

You always make mention of Iran as being one of the problems the US must deal with, but I have yet to see where you have explained how you wage a successful war against Iran without having the ground forces in place to do it. I'd like for you, or anyone, to explain how this would be done. I guess you're still waiting on John Kerry to tell you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: