Good ESPN article on the game and "THE PENALTY"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mesquite tiger, Sep 18, 2004.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

We lost. It will only make our rivals happy the more we bitch.

Was it the right call? No, IMO. But **** happens.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I just like to come on here and see what you guys (and gals) have to say about the game. None of us have to be happy about the loss, but neither are any of us qualified to question the coaching, either from a game plan or in game standpoint. Maybe I should rephrase that. Question certain decisions all you want. Understand that hindsight is 20/20 and it's a little different to make a judgement coaching call in the heat of the battle. No coach in the history of the game has ever gotten it right every time. There are 11 guys and a coach on the otherside trying their best to stop whatever you are trying to do. It's the nature of the criticism that sets me off.
    For example, I thought Randall had the hot hand and should have been left in for the 2nd series. I now wish that he had been so I'll chalk it up as a coaching decision that did not work. But I am not going to gnash my teeth and :cry: :cry: :cry: about how Saban should have known better than to put Russell in on that series and I am not going to lambaste the entire staff because that decision backfired. In fact, Russell gained valuable experience by being in the game at that early juncture and it will pay off in the future.