Good game, tough loss

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Sep 16, 2006.

1. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

LSU played well, Russell is a good QB, the defense is strong. Auburn is a very good team and there is no shame in coming a few yard short against one of the best teams in the nation. We had a few drops, almost no running game, a brain fart by Russell to take the sack, and quite a few calls that went against us and not many if any that favored us.

Give credit to Auburn's defense and Kenny freakin' Irons. This was a clash of the titans, in the SEC and nationally. Bad calls happen and we almost overcame them. Great game Auburn.

Our running backs need to come into their own still and the offensive line's run blocking could probably improve. Our running game is a major disappointment, but I thought we should have throw the ball more to open up the running game. Our passing game is very capable. Jimbo likes to stay balanced - I wonder if that is always the best policy.

If Russell hadn't have taken the sack we probably could've won, but I'm a Russell convert. It lived up to its billing and was much better than the Ohio St - Texas game. I was surprised our offense struggled so much, but Auburn has a tough D.