Good job coach Miles you beat Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Oct 14, 2006.

1. armybass

armybass Founding Member

True and Miles can't make plays for the team. Jamarcus should not have taken the sack in the last drive at AU and lets not even talk about the "team's" performance last week. I just have not developed the confidence in Miles yet. I hope he will be one of LSU's greatest coaches and stick around longer than Saban did.

2. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I agree. There is just " insufficient data" for everyone to either jump onto or off Miles' bandwagon. I don't remember Saban getting the same treatment in his earlier years here; the only difference is the higher expectations in the post Saban era. Yes, people can argue the team has better players now. Still I think it is a very difficult thing to try to line up the team and make the team play as complete good unit. Too many intangibles.
    ________
    Lovely Wendie99

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Perhaps Miles' mistake in motivation (if there is one--we don't know--we're not in the locker room prior to games) is that at Okla St, his talent level was far below that of ours and he felt that he needed to get on the "let 'er rip!" comments in interviews, etc.--not only to motivate his players--but to give the fans at OSU some belief that they COULD win. but here, perhaps his early feeling is that we have far more talented players and more vocal leaders that he doesn't feel the need to spout off comments for the fan's sake because he knows we already believe we can win?

Just a thought.

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I guess it is easier to motivate the players when you are an underdog. When your team talent wise and program status are up there, telling the team they can and should win may not cut it. The team prob. has to be focussed on setting higher standards of excellence for themselves, both as individuals and the team as a whole, AND accept no less.
    ________
    MEDICAL MARIJUANA

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

Good job WestCoastTiger on trying to be a fricking LSU fan. If you assclowns don't like or can't handle the thought that LSU lost 2 games to top 5 teams on the road ......ahhhh f it, you people will bitch about anything.
    If the season is a total loss for the negitive assclowns, please try and not bring down the FANS who still enjoy watching the Tigers play football.
    I mean one year LSU won all but one game, somehow that
    set the standard that we can not have a loss!!!!!!! Somehow this coach is set to a higher standard than any coach in the history of LSU football.
    BTW WCT, Cholly Mac was a great coach and a great person, you show how stupid of a fricking fan you are with that statement, just plain STUPID!!!!!!

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Pretty sad when you can't find anything positive to say about last night's performance. KY played tough against Florida and USC this year. They haven't seen a beating like this in a few years. LSU did what it was suppose to, and more.

Criticism was deserved after the Auburn and Florida games. Some fans should really think about doing something else to do with their time if it's too difficult to give praise after a good performance.

7. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Great is truly a subjective term. Mac no doubt was a fine person. To label him a great coach is a real stretch. He had some of the best facilities, some of the staunchest fans, and one of the most fertile recruiting bases in the country yet he did not dominate. Much like Miles, Mac inherited a team with talent capable of winning the national championship. He also made a career of beating the mediocre and cream puff teams and playing the good teams close.

8. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I totally understand where your position is coming from, but likemyself, I think it is just the level of frustration that I have when we totally dominate the teams that we should(even Saban did not even do that), and nutt up in big games. It is also frustrating that it took about 7 games to find a punt returner. We should be proud that we beat the crap out of a Kentucky team, but I would like to see this level of play and play callling against teams like Auburn, florida, and Tenn.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

and we better be dahm happy we did. Winning out won't be easy from here on out. With anybody.

but yeah I see your point and we won't get far if we don't eventually beat a ranked team, that is definately true. Well, we'll get to a bowl but it won't be what we're used to. I'll be happy just to win the rest of them and get out of this year with only 2 on us.

10. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

LSU was a national name with Coach Mac, always had great D's, just had the hard time of beating Alabama. He led LSU to many a great bowl games when bowl games meant something, not like now a days where half the teams in football can go.
    So yeah I guess it can come down to the opinion of each person, but it's not a stretch for me to call him great.