Good job coach Miles you beat Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Oct 14, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Sure it's frustrating, especially the way we lost. No doubt in my biased mind that we are better than both Florida and Auburn. But winning on the road in the SEC is really tough.

I just don't know why some want to ruin a really good performance by complaining. Save that for when we lose. Give some credit when it's deserved. We'll know more about this coaching staff next year when our tough games are at home.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I just don't get it.

Not only can some people not be happy when LSU wins, they can't even be happy with a freakin' 49-0 shut-out! :dis:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

After Fresno St. maybe........ they are 1-5 and Hawai hung 68 points on 'em last night. Hawai is good but they ain't no LSU.:thumb:

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If he does well, he'll stick around I'm sure. That is of course, if someone doesn't get the bright idea to fire him for going 9-3 or 8-4 or something, or if he's not run off by the monday morning QB's

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm pissed, because I had 51 has the over/under. Why the hell couldn't we give them a freaking field goal?:angryfire

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can't believe the Miles haters will post this tripe after a win. Brett should make a new forum just for them. I have two comments:

1. LSU beat the teams it was supposed to beat and totally dominated them.

2. LSU lost to the teams it was suposed to lose to, but was competitive in both games and almost won one.

I'll say it again. Anybody who is unhappy with LSU in 2005 and 2006 never sat through eight losing seasons in the nineties. LSU is doing just fine.

May I also point out that Nick lost 3 or 4 games in every season he was here except 2003. The SEc is a tough league to play in and 9-3 is always a good season of football in the SEC.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Boy, you just can't please some people.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

does anyone else see anything totally defeatism about this statement?

I hope the players don't play with this attitude.

this is a loser mentality, unless I am missing something here.

I actually thought of Cholly Mac as one of if not the greatest coach @ LSU. Miles should be so lucky as to be as good as Cholly Mac. We'd have dominated the SEc if it weren't for a certain Old guy at Bama. and maybe vince dooley and johnny majors had a good year or two, but other than that, we cleared a pretty good path when we played anybody in those days.
    But Yes of course we'd like to do better. Who wouldn't?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You're missing something here--the point. My point was that LSU is just about where we all predicted they would be at midway in the season. Where do you get "defeatism" and "loser mentality" from simply having this opinion?

I didn't say a thing about mentalities, losers, or players attitudes, I'm talking about realistic expectations based on the schedule. Preseason consensus on this board was that LSU was looking at 10-2 or 9-3 with the losses coming to top-10 teams on the road. It doesn't take a genius to figure that Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee were the expected losses.

We're not the team or the coaches, we are just fans talking football. The loser mentality is coming from those who bash the coach and the quarterback despite their winning records and telling us all how terrible this team is playing. I'm not in that camp and you know it.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That, my friend, is a load of bullsh!t. The only team Mac couldn't beat was Bama and back then, nobody beat Bama. Do you remember the top ranked Arkansas team that had a 21 game winning streak and got slapped around by Cholly Mac's team in the Cotton Bowl? How about the a$$ whipping we put on (I believe) 2nd ranked Notre Dame in 71? We played toe to toe with a great So Cal team in 1979 and lost only because of a terrible call late in the game. We trashed Ole Miss with regularity back when Ole Miss was a national power. In the 70s the SEC powers were Bama and LSU and nobody else. We'd both be 7-0 when the game was played but Bear's wishbone was never solved by Mac, or any one else. Fans couldn't get past the fact that we won a National Championship in 58 and we couldn't do it again. Finally, Cholly was axed in favor of a young up and comer named Bo Rein. That coaching change precipitated a downward spiral that we didn't recover from until Saban showed up.