Good job coach Miles you beat Kentucky

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Oct 14, 2006.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Or Colt David could have made the field goal in the 2nd quarter.:thumb:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

This is for all you CM haters. Not too shabby look what happened after he left. Under CM we lost an av. of 3 games per year-over 18 yrs. Didn't climb back to that until Saban. Arsnsparger was a little above that but only stayed 3 yrs. After taking LSU to our first Southeastern Conference title since 1970, as well as a berth in the Sugar Bowl, Arnsparger announced he was resigning to become athletic director at the University of Florida. Mike Archer was his defensive coordinator and got the job over- none other than- Steve Spurrier who ended up in Durham, North Carolina.

Charles McClendon......18 yrs, 203 games- 137 wins, 59 losses 7 ties.0.692%
    Bo Rein.....................1 year 0 0 0 0 n/a
    Jerry Stovall..............4 yrs, 45 games- 22 wins, 21 losses 2 ties......0.511%
    Bill Arnsparger............3 yrs, 36 games- 26 wins, 8 losses 2 ties......0.750%
    Mike Archer...............4 yrs, 46 games- 27 wins, 18 losses 1 tie.......0.598%
    Curley Hallman...........4 yrs, 44 games- 16 wins, 28 losses 0 ties......0.364%
    Gerry DiNardo............5 yrs, 58 games- 33 wins, 24 losses 1 tie........0.578%
    Hal Hunter................ 1 1 0 0 1.000
    Nick Saban...............5 yrs, 64 games- 48 wins, 16 losses 0 ties... 0.750%

So far:
    Les Miles.................1 year, 13 games- 11 wins, 2 losses 0 ties......0.846%

3. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

All you Miles lovers...how do you squander this talent? Let's see where you are after the Tennessee game. If you are happy with a 9-3 or 8-4 season then so be it. Saban built this to a powerhouse. Miles cannot step up in big games.

4. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

This will prove my point when we go 8-4 this year.

Cholly Mac averaged 7.6 wins per year and 3.27 losses per year (take out the ties)

This is the kind of coach Miles will be. We will have some 9-3 seasons and some 7-5 seasons but he will be mediocre....

5. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

So what is your point? What are you trying to accomplish by ragging on Miles? Spread your misery? The "I-told-you-so" factor?

Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish by being so negative?

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

while it is obviously MOST likely that they would lose to top ten teams on the road, it is also the case that to be a TOP team you must WIN on the road agaisnt TOP teams. I think with our talent level we could do that, or could have done that.

RED, When you lower your standards,your minimums......become your maximums. remember that.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Agreed.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm not saying I'm completely sold on him but I don't think we should slam the door on him when the refs made it hard to win in one of our loses and we had one lousy game (mostly special teams). One thing he did show me last year was that he can step up in big games and under the worst conditions with the hurricane and all the turmoil. I liked Saban too and was very dissapointed when he left but what about his 1-5 record right now, does that mean he can't step it up?

Then most didn't give us a chance with Miami and we embarrassed them 40-3. LSU had its largest margin of victory in a bowl game, scored on eight straight possessions and had 468 yards- the most allowed by Miami all season.

Don't forget that Miles is the winningest first-year coach in school history. He also became the first coach in LSU history to beat Alabama, Auburn and Florida in the same season.

[​IMG]
    Give him a chance.... it's early to want to can him.:yelwink2:

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Which is like Saban except for the '03 season.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

excellent post .....my sentiments exactly. :thumb: