Good Luck from Your Auburn Friends!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Proud Tiger, Nov 14, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I just cannot grasp this BCS thing. Seriously, should I pull for Auburn to beat Georgia? My understanding is that the meager quality win deduction we do get is due to Georgia's BCS ranking. If the Dawgs lose they are off the radar. If they win they are 5th or 6th in the BCS. Are we better off without those QW points since we already beat them? In other words, we get QW points deducted for beating a good team, but, we get nothing if we beat them again, even if they are ranked higher the 2nd time?

2. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Beat Bama !

3. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Well, if we whip them in the SECC game, they won't be 5th or 6th in the BCS. Remember that the BCS ranking ONLY means anything at the end of the season. I would not count on any QW points this season. I don't think that any other SEC team will end up in the top 10 of the BCS (mostly due to the SEC losing many OOC games early this season).

I think that beating Tenn or UF would help a LOT in our SOS. It may not give us QW points, but it will help our SOS. If we play UGA again, it does mean much to SOS.

I think that what we really need is to jump USC and OSU in the polls. We need to be #2 in the polls. Being #2 in the polls should put us over the hump of a weak SOS. The only way to be #2 is to WHIP our remaining opponents. Put up 30 point wins in our last 4 games and we play OU. What are the chances of that? Slim approaching none.