Good luck this weekend my SEC Brethren. I'll be pullin' for y'all.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bamabuzzard, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Hey Tigahs, just wanted to wish y'all the best of luck this weekend against UNC and that this toothless, redneck, eat anything fried Bammer fan will be pulling for you. I hate it UNC lost so many players because (like Fishead posted on Tidefans) it's going to be a built in excuse when UNC loses. And I think they will lose no matter who's on the field, be it first stringers or not. The media and the rest of the country hate it that the SEC has dominated college football and the BCS for so long that they're looking for any excuse to say we're not on top anymore.

Things I'll be looking for from the LSU team:

Offensively:
    - Has Jefferson developed in his passing game? Can he make reads this year that he couldn't last year?

-Has the vaunted LSU running game that the rest of the SEC has come to hate made it's "comeback" from a down year in 2009?

-Will Russell Shephard "come out of the closest" :wink: and introduce himself to the world as one of the best in the country?

Defensely:
    - Is the DL as bad as some said after watching the spring scrimmage or was the running game really that good?

-Will the LB's and secondary take that next level of improvement in the second year of Chavis' system?

Things I'll be watching for and hope all of these come together against UNC.

UNC 13
    LSU 26

1 person likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The world wonders.

Better backs and plenty deep. Bigger, stronger O-line and deeper. The run will be much better . . . how much remains to be seen.

Hang on to your hat. No kidding.

The defensive line will be fine. They are much quicker than last year and 8 will rotate.

We are very green at linebacker except for the All-America candidate. And young. But the secondary is big, strong, talented, confident, and scary fast.

I'm calling . . .

LSU 23
    UNC 10

It is a mistake to underestimate LSU in 2010.

3. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

Anybody that truly follows the SEC knows do not underestimate any SEC opponent. It's a meat grinder and it can be any team's turn in the meat grinder on any given week. It looks to be another exciting season.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

BB thanks for the props. Here's to hopin the SEC represents again.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

We were without several key defensive linemen in the spring game, too. Of those 8 that will rotate, we probably only saw 5 or so in the spring, aye Red?

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

BB, glad to see you back over here. Thanks for the props. Hate to hear about Ingram, and wish him a quick recovery...but you guys should be fine there.

I'm calling 27-10. Gotta include Josh Jasper in the scoring...but just once. :wink:

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ummmmmm...:confused:

8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Red pretty much covered it. I think we will have a top 10 D and don't see NC getting a TD. I'm thinking the score will be:

LSU 31
    NC 09

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Per half? :redface:

10. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Pretty big spread. I'm thinking:

LSU 17
    NC 10

Two reasons:
    - We've got talent in all directions, and I think it's going to be a rocky game at first because of that and trying a (hopefully) revised offensive scheme.
    - I think we're going to hold back a little so that we can suprise future opponents. After last year, when the opposing defense knew almost to a T what we were going to do, I think we're going to take that lesson and run with it:geaux: