Good luck this weekend my SEC Brethren. I'll be pullin' for y'all.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bamabuzzard, Sep 1, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

thanks Bama

Do you guys know if San Jose knows the way to Bamaland???:milesmic:

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Well, I thought I would chime in before the big "kick off classic." Having lived through the last two of these events, It's gonna be fun and I'm hoping the 2010 version of LSU is in "full kick butt mode."

Too many athletics and too much SEC speed. LSU 31 - North Carolina 14

3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Um, no. PLEASE no. You don't hold back when you've lost respect like LSU has. And according to many, Crowton...AND Chavis...haven't opened up the whole playbook yet. I call hogwash. We just haven't executed like we should...and that should change starting Saturday.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

That could have been the case but only because of scripting. I would rather use everything and let future opponents say "what are we gonna do? They have so many weapons" instead of "Well, we've only seen a little, and they barely beat anyone, so we should take them." Execution, as always, is everything and I'm hoping that whatever we decide to do, we're fully committed. There's just some little voice in the back of my head saying that we're going to hold some stuff back. I'm about to go take some liquid medicine to hush it.:helmet:

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

just wondering

has Saban meet with Moses on top of the mountain or does that happen Iron Bowl week?

6. Chase4LSU

Haven't you been reading the articles posted around here???
    Saban doesn't have to go to the top of the mountain.. Moses will come down to him. And since Saban is so great, Moses will be compelled to break the rules that he carries and construct a golden idol in Saban's image:thumb:

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

as far as LSU "holding back" its offense, i agree that we will see very little of the playbook. why? because there is probably not much of a chance that the players are going to be able to execute everything well right off the bat. if they do, hold on, because LSU will run the table this season. we will run the ball, run the ball, run the ball on saturday. probably a lot of direct-snaps to RS, option from JJ, and hand-offs to our stable of backs. if i had to guess i would say 65-35 in favor of the run versus pass. this is based on previous seasons and the fact that CLM is adamant about being able to run the ball this season. it's not a bad thing if those relatively few passing attempts catch UNC sleeping and go for longgggg yardage. in any case, i think we will be OK.

LSU - 34
    UNC - 17

UNC's defense WILL score a TD.

8. Bamabuzzard

Bamabuzzard Founding Member

I'm not sure but hopefully we'll be ready for them. I don't discount anybody. ULM, Utah, N.Illinois, Southern Miss, La Tech, Central Florida keep from doing that. Oh god why did I just do that to myself? Happy place, find my happy place... :cuss:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

4th quarter with the backup...ah, nevermind. Too easy!

10. Chase4LSU

That would be the closest to acceptable possibility:miles: