Good Luck, Tigers!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoonerBird, Mar 17, 2004.

1. SoonerBird

SoonerBird Freshman

Lotsa luck to you in your game versus the Sooners. I want you to know that regardless of who wins this game USC will claim the championship. We appear to be evenly matched. OU is down to 8 players for various reasons and 4 of those are freshmen and 1 is a soph. We start 3 freshmen sometimes 4 and the first player off the bench is a sophomore. But we are a scrappy bunch and took Texas to the wire in the Big XII tourney quarter finals. Glad the game is on ESPN. Again good luck and may the best team win. Geaux Tigers and Boomer Sooner!

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

It's pretty funny to see OU and LSU matched again so soon--and in a sport that we're both, decidedly, not the best in.

May the team who wants it the most win.

3. bolobolo

bolobolo Founding Member

Good luck to you guys too. I have to say, I've enjoyed the comradarie between the two schools. OU fans overall are a very classy bunch.

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

I agree, the OU fans have much more class than USC. I'm not even going to start about AU fans.

This could be the makings of a great OOC rivalry for all sports. I'll take OU over Tulane anyday.

5. LoneStarTiger

LoneStarTiger Freshman

LOL. Thankfully, or should I say unfortunately, they are not in the tournament. Although I heard the AP tried to vote them into the NCAA tourney. :D If the Sooners win tonight, good luck against Michigan.

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

I hope it is an exciting, close game tonight. I think it would be a great learning experience for both teams heading into next year.

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The only reason to put USC and class in the same sentence is if you are referring to attendance rates for their student athletes.

Looking forward to the game tonight. May the best team win, and Geaux Tigers!

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think it was done intentionally by the NIT or whoever is responsible for scheduling the game.
    Its for publicity I guess but I'm willing to bet if we didn't play OU for the national championship we wouldn't be playing them tonight!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote:
    I want you to know that regardless of who wins this game USC will claim the championship.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have heard that their basketball has more character than their football coach so I doubt that!

9. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Well, they are pretty much the closest NIT team to us as far as travel goes. They weren't going to let Rice or Troy State host us, so the trip to Norman was an easy call. The Sugar Bowl meeting just made it a perfect fit for ESPN.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Thanks SonnerBird,

I got the eerie feeling we will need Lotsa luck tonight. I don't know how evenly matched we are, but we'll soon find out. I have watched a number of OU basketball games this year and you look to have a good team playing in a tough bball conference this year. Someone here on the forum asked if Tiger fans were making the trip and I see not one responded, so you could probably count the fans that come on one hand. Their will be no "Tiger Baitin" going on in Norman tonight.