Good Marine joke.......

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by saltyone, Jan 30, 2005.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A Happy Marine[/font]
    [​IMG][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]A few days after George W. Bush's inauguration, a man came up to the uniformed Marine on duty at the White House and said "I'd like to see President Clinton." The Marine politely answered "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer president". The man said, "Oh, O.K." and walked away. [/font]

[​IMG] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The next day the Marine was again on duty and the same man approached and again asked to see President Clinton. The Marine again answered, "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer president." Again the man answered, "Oh, O.K." and walked away. [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The third day the same man approached the same Marine and again asked to see President Clinton. The Marine, a little annoyed, said "Sir, I've told you, Mr. Clinton is no longer president. Don't you understand that?" "Yes, I do" said the man, "But I just enjoy hearing it." [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The Marine smiled and said, "See you tomorrow." [/font]
    [​IMG]

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I hope you're a marine..
    You seem obsessed with them.......

If you are indeed a marine, thanks for your service!

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

How is he obsessed with it?

It's a joke.

I have no problem with men showing who they are or what they do. Some people don't want to, I respect that....I have United States Marine Corps. stickers all over my car and home....is that ok?

4. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Thanks Crawfish. I spent 10 years in the Corps before getting hurt and being retired. I haven't been back home very long. It is killing me that my brothers are over there taking care of buisness and I'm sitting over here. I guess this my way of showing support for them. The Marines have been my chosen life for so long that I guess it will take some getting used too not being around them.

I have had season tickets for football for years. This last year was the first that I was able to make it to all of the games. I had a corpsman friend who was from New Orleans. We would leave North Carolina at noon on friday and drive back home for the games when we could. I would make it to BR around 7 in the morning and tailgate all day then after the game we would drive the 16 hours back to North Carolina. I would say that I am alittle obsessed with LSU also.

It has been my expience that Marines are a different breed than other service members. We like to flaunt who we are out of pride. That pride is forever. I am able to make a credible comparison because I was in the army prior to joining the Marines. In 10 years with the Marines I have been in dozens of countries and on every continent to include Anartica. I envy MarineTiger because I believe he is still on active duty. Take advantage brother of every opportunity because you never know when it will all end.

To everyone else educate yourselves on what our countrymen are doing over there. When they return let them know how much you appreciate them. Just telling a Marine thanks means alot to them. God know they don't hear it from our media.

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

calm down

I thanked him for his service.... and yes it's ok for you to put 8,034 bumper stickers all over your car. :thumb:

6. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

You know, once I wrote that I thought it sounded a little like I was up in arms....didnt mean it to come off as that.....

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Even if he wasn't a Marine (and his moniker makes it pretty obvious that he is) that post was uncalled for.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

STILL AN AWESOME JOKE!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

PS Thanks for your service to :usaflagwa

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

always quick to judge others.......

lsugradin99 just gave me another red dot...LOL..fire away MOE......3 in a week or so? LOL

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

By the way, we capitalize Marine. :wink: