Good mixed mess

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Jun 25, 2016.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Utility-the quality or state of being useful. I chose that term to frame my comparison.

You are making my point.....need is not and should not be the standard by which we choose to limit another person's activity. So JHalverson's catch numbers are irrelevant insofar as his need for them just as a gun owner's needs, or lack thereof, for a high capacity mag should be irrelevant in limiting his/her rights to ownership.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Doesn't fit this argument but ok, good ahead.

Wait a minute, you said it WAS about his "need". That's what you said I said. This is kind of hard for me, arguing something you think I said, which I really didn't.
    However, in my response to it/you, that's why my argument was all about need when it comes to high capacity mags.

Your exact words were, "asking why he catches more than he and his family can use is the same as asking a gun owner why he should have a high capacity mag if it's not really needed."

That's saying he has more fish than he can use. The person with the high cap mag doesn't needs them all- and then some.

I'm honestly not meaning to be difficult here. I've been trying to bow out of this thread gracefully cause I understand that I offended some members. For that reason I'm not going to continue trying to argue something I didn't say in the first place. No disrespect meant towards you.

3. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Their claim is the same? Has anyone slaughtered a room full of first graders with red snapper filets? What is the same is the law--you either abide by it or you break it.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I gotcha. And I didn't mean to stoke the fire or be argumentative. We good.

:)

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

This is............a pathetic response. Shine away f.s.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

More fuel for this discussion....Feds announce that there will be no triggerfish or amberjack seasons for 2016 for recreational anglers. Season was supposed to open August 1 but both have been cancelled. Of course their commercial reef fish permit holders can keep on catching and selling our resource

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

glad you brought that up as i didnt wanna rehash it but i will now.

tiga, this is what he was talking about. while he may not need two 15 lb reds daily and his 30 mullet or white trout, his not so salient point was the commercial fishermen can catch boat loads year round and his catch isnt a grain of sand in the ocean by comparison.

the feds are the crooks here and bureaucracy once again is corrupt while the little guy loses.

ie, he/ private fishermen arent the problem. never have been.

Bengal B, shane0911 and KyleK like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You are playing rocket science and he is playing play doh. He just doesn't get it. You'd have better luck asking tiga what the number G smells like.