Good Morning

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ShoalsTiger, Jul 11, 2003.

1. ShoalsTiger

ShoalsTiger Freshman

I just joined this site...Great topics...See later on in the season...

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Welcome ShoalsTiger (I assume that means Muscle Shoals - is that the correct spelling ?)
    If you are from Muscle Shoals I have been begging to ask. What is a swamper (I know what a swamp is, I was raised in one, but is that a mascot of some sort or just a nickname)

Looks like the "Other Tigers" are the team to beat this year.

Come back often.

3. ShoalsTiger

ShoalsTiger Freshman

Swampers

Swampers was a bar in Sheffield not too far from the studio where LYNARD SKYNARD recorded some of their albums....That is the correct spelling for Muscle Shoals...You must have some knowledge of that area to pick up on the Shoals...I think one of the Tigers will win the west...Baton Rouge has always been a tough place to play for us...I like to chat with other teams and flame...Our site is nothing but Bama talk and it gets old...

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think you're right. I was reading through Athlon's Southeastern edition yesterday and while I was happy with the way our team will look this season, I was amazed--down right bothered at the amount of talent Auburn has--specifically defensively and in the running game. I don't think Campbell will beat you in the air though--but he won't have to, "the Other Tigers", as you put it :) will just run, run, run and use their defense to win games.

The key to beating Auburn this year will be to score on them early and make them abandon that running game and force Campbell to throw.

FYI: Athlon predicted us #2 in the West but said all we needed was leadership and focus (something that we lacked in our late-season plunge last year) to "regain that swagger of SEC champs".

I'm itching for the season to begin!!! :lsug:

5. ShoalsTiger

ShoalsTiger Freshman

You are right...

Campbell is not going to beat you throwing...The key for AUBURN is to establish the running game early and set up some short to medium play-action passes...If they have to rely on Campbell throwing then we are in trouble...Our OL lost only one player so it should be good...The D should be strong with the secondary being the weak link...I get the magizines to but I don't know how much stock I put in them...This season should be fun...I live in Atlanta had to endure the UGA stuff all off season so I want another shot at those guys...

6. Welcome Aubie guy