Good news for you Louisiana Trump voters

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex, May 24, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Oh, how I remember when after last year's big flood he came down to unload a couple of boxes of vittles from the back of a truck which PROVED how much he cared about our great state!

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Uh, @Rex , you are aware Obama tried the exact same thing in 2015? How'd you feel about it then?

LSUTiga and COTiger like this.
  4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Color me skeptical.

5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

"If I only had a brain"
    4353209-bm-scarecrow.jpg

6. Rex

Rex Founding Member

Actually, Obama backed down from that position, saying he would agree with the allocation if the money was spent on its intended purpose (coastal restoration). And the point became moot when Congress sided with the Gulf states.

But what does that have to do with what the Cheeto Jackass wants to do NOW, which wouldn't even allow for that coastal restoration?

7. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

With all the money the Federal gubberment has to splash on Louisiana for disaster payments to farmers, hurricanes and floods, it's only fair.

8. mctiger

I don't know about his "backing down", but he did propose it, and Congress did deny him. In all likelihood, they will deny it again. But its interesting that you forgive Obama for "backing down"....how do you know Trump won't as well? You have the luxury of 2 years time to look back at what happened before. But you also can't wait to hang Trump, as you foolishly did on the aircraft carrier story.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

So, we're supposed to withhold criticism of anything Trump does on the off chance he changes his mind? These new rules created to excuse away a dishonest moron are quite extraordinary, I must say.

10. mctiger

You would call for Trump's head if he demanded the White House change from Charmin to Quilted Northern. And you're still dodging the original question. Did you criticize Obama for proposing the exact same thing? The fact that he hedged and then Congress bailed him out is irrelevant. At one point, we had the same thing then that we have now; a proposal, nothing more or nothing less. At that point, how did you feel about it?

Winston1 likes this.