Good quality recording of oh-ee-oh chant at AU game?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Oct 22, 2009.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

It's a shame Kevin Smith won't be doing any more of them. But they only appear in like 5 movies that I know of, so that collection shouldn't be too expensive.:thumb:

2. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

You telling be it was a book?:shock:

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

The chant is all fun and games unless we play South Carolina.

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Very true. Let's just hope that we don't play Ball State any time soon.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'm waiting for Tiger Band to pull "Hey Baby" and the 1st down cheer any day now. With 1st down, once one genius adds the "and beat the s*** out of them, b****!" to the end of it, they all start doing it like a bunch of lemmings.

6. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Its been around a lot longer than you think. The students just didn't pick up on it till 04 or 05. They were doing it when my sister was in the band 93-96. And they were doing it when I was in band 01- 04.

After LSU scores (TD or FG) and Touchdown and/or Coda Fight is finished, assuming the band is in the stands and the directors do not prompt for a school song (Usually happens with a big score in a big game in the 4th quarter), if you listen closley you will here the biggest bass drum start a cadence (basically a count off) and the tuba section starts to play the "oh ee oh" song from the Wizard of Oz while the drum line plays a cadence. The rest of the band does there own thing from section to section. If you are at the game, after an LSU score just watch the band and you can't miss what they are doing.

7. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I remember a few years back was the first time i heard the "beat the s*** outta them" and my friends and i absolutely hated it. It was some drunk off her rocker girl in front of us and she couldn't be more annoying. Luckily at the time no one else was doing it but my God I hated her... and still do to this day even though I have no idea who she really is