Good read on the Beavs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, May 4, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

Aw, man. I was expecting a link to the Penthouse Forum. :grin:

3. alumni95

alumni95 Founding Member

I wonder who will have the nation's best secondary????

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

their secondary will be "second" by light years on the field of only 2 teams come Sept 4.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Screw their secondary

They better hope their secondary can tackle

LSU's OL will open truck holes in their dee

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Prediction time on the Beavs boards

RoryHunt
    BeaverFootball.com is My Life
    (5/5/04 11:16:48 am)
    Reply What is everybody's prediction for the opener vs. LSU?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you think the score will be? How will the two styles contrast, ie: Good 'ol boy southern running vs a PAC-10 high powered offense? Two fast D's, one with a senior at the helm, and one with a rookie.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    sarg1
    Beaverfootball.com All-American
    (5/5/04 11:39:08 am)
    Reply Re: Thats a tuff one Rory!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll have to think about it..............okay here it is. OSU gets by with a 10 point upset win. The new QB from LSU has a hard time dealing with the talent secondary (lockdown CB's), SWANNY in his face and safeties flyin' around the field makin' plays. As a matter of fact, there will be four int drive killers from him and you'll see their second stringer by the third quarter.

They'll move the ball on the ground a bit and maybe get a screen or two off. Banker will make the adjustments and our LB's will put a stop to many of the drives, by flying up and taking the RB's heart away, with little or no day light.

DA comes out making the safe throws, keeping drives alive. We will have one or two big plays, HASS will be one of them, a TE will be the other on a backside delay, or a screen to either WRIGHT or BERNSON that gets broke.

DA will have better than 250 yrds, no int's, a 50% + completion percentage and we will win based on the fact its early in the season and LSU has not made the proper adjustments with their new QB, WR's and the fact they came in too pumped up......................mistakes will be made, but not by us!

24-14 OREGON STATE........................I predict I'll finish off 12 20 inch browns during the game, have paced a mile in the house, 1030 will bring a bag of chips and contend that he has contributed to the cause. I'll win big in POKER after the game and LSU fans will have our respect!

Green85
    BeaverFootball.com Regular
    (5/5/04 12:06:38 pm)
    Reply OSU 21 LSU 17
    Defensive battle.
    DA thorws 1 INT early in the game, but the OSU D stuffs that drive by LSU.
    Half time score: LSU 10 OSU 7

OSU first scoring drive:
    OSU recovers a fumble by the LSU QB at the 32 yard line ... the fumble is caused by Swanncutt on a twist on the d-line and he comes free.
    DA completes a crucial 3rd and 8 pass to TE Joe Newton for a first down at the LSU 14 yard line.
    Cole busts for 4 yards.
    Wright gets 3 on the sweep.
    Then Wright hits the hole quick and scores from 7 yards out.

LSU comes back with a nice drive for 7 after the ensuing kickoff.

OSU stalls on their last possession on the half.
    LSU tosses up an hail mary that is caught at the OSU 20.
    LSU brings in the kicker for the FG to end the half.

OSU opens the second half on D.
    LSU tries a quick hitch, but Browner is sitting on it, makes the INT and sticks it in for 14-10 Beavers.

OSU D gives up chunks of yardage but somehow stops LSU on 4th and 2 at the OSU 30.
    OSU offense goes no where.
    LSU drives again ... has a pass dropped and tries the FG from 43 yards out ... they miss.

OSU stalls again and punts.
    LSU puts together an excellent drive and finally punches it in to go ahead 17-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

OSU still struggles on offense ... DA makes a poor throw and the LSU guy runs before he has the INT secure and drops a sure LSU TD.
    OSU punts.

LSU again drives ... but gets a holding call ... the tackle grabs Swancutt. They punt and pin the Beavers inside their own 20.

The OSU drive of the game ...
    DA hits Newton for 12 yards.
    Cole of tackle for 4.
    Cole off tackle for 6.
    Cole inside for 2.
    Wright on the sweep for 12 (great block by Newton to seal the corner).
    Play action to Hass over the middle for 31.
    Cole up the middle for no gain.
    Cole off tackle for 3.
    Cole inside for 2.
    4th and goal from the 8 yard line.
    Riley goes for it and DA executes ... Touchdown Newton.

4:03 left in the game.
    LSU makes their final drive but they are stopped on 4th down when Browner bats down the pass in the end zone.
    L
    “It was major. That’s the loudest stadium I’ve ever been in. I knew it was loud. We knew it was going to be loud.&quot;<br> <br> Lloyd Carr, HC Michigan 2003

OSUman
    Bleeding Black and Orange!
    (5/5/04 12:42:22 pm)
    Reply Re: OSU 35 LSU 14
    Theyr'e starting QB will be a step down from last year,
    also with them using a rb and a corner to fill the reciever
    holes on theyre team, kind of like us. Theyr'e going to have
    to run the ball alot. I know our "D" will take care of business.

My only question is if our Offense can move the ball well, obviously i think that we can. With AWB to help fill things
    out at reciever I think that we will do well. IMO the suprise will
    be the great play of the O line.
    Who's your Daddy???

RoryHunt
    BeaverFootball.com is My Life
    (5/5/04 12:51:43 pm)
    Reply You made me feel like It was happening
    -------------------------------------------------
    lol.....that was cool.

sarg1
    Beaverfootball.com All-American
    (5/5/04 1:03:08 pm)
    Reply Re: Why the hell does DA............
    have to throw an interception. Damn let the man be. Good calls, but I didn't see a holding penalty, personal foul, PI against BROWNER, or PI against our D............

hartsafety
    BeaverFootball.com Valued Visitor
    (5/5/04 1:46:24 pm)
    Reply OSU 16 LSU 13
    In an "ugly" game, whith both defenses dominating, DA leads our offense down the feild with under 2:00 minutes remaining to set up the game winning kick.

*NOTE* SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO SEVERE TURNOVER/PENALTY BREACKDOWN.

ATownBeaver
    BeaverFootball.com Believer!
    (5/5/04 2:31:07 pm)
    Reply I for one, am very suprised
    This topic has not been assaulted by the LSU faithful with claims of 45-0 blowouts by the mighty tigers, and you rodents don't know what your getting into claims. More over I am suprised by the realistic predictions.

following suit.

OSU 20 LSU 17

Defense, Defense, Defense.

OSU will score fast, opening drive or the next, as LSU adjusts to OSU's offense, Then will proceed to shut us down. LSU will score early for the same reason. 1st Q, OSU 7 LSU 7. moving on the defensive battle will continue. As they continue to double team Swanny, our tackles keep the middle stuffed, and our LBs play cautious watching the screen. OSU is forced to run off tackle, and continue to use short passing due to the pass rush LSU has. We imploy 2 TE most of the game for protection, sending out Newton for 5-10 yrd gains. towards the end of the Half OSU will just up to lead with a 50 yrd figgie.

10-7

3RD. LSU comes out pumped, INTs anderson with good postion and punches it in 4 plays later. We come back with a series of runs up the gut, and play action deep to hass, 35yrds. but will settle for FG.

13-14.

4th. As the defense grinds on LSU's QB finally cracks and floats a out route a bit, Sabby jumps it and takes it to the house. A mid quarter figgie is all LSU musters after that as our D backs lock down and show they are some of the best in the nation. The focus on Swanny opens the rest of the line to stuff the run, and keep the pressure coming.

times up OSU 20, LSU 17 and OSU on its way to top 10.

7. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

that is perhaps the funniest collaboration of complete hogwash i have ever read. these guys are just dreaming about good things happening with their favorite beavers. so after all we arent too much different then these guys. Im almost starting to feel guilty though. they seem so confident. id hate to see their poor faces when the beavers arent on top and end up seeing sucking beaver instead.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Not that there's anything wrong with that

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I had read those posts by them as well on their forum. Overall, it seems like optimistic fans that beleive in their team. Of course none of us are going to agree with them or see their logic but hey, they are behind their team. Pretty decent Oregon St. forum for the most part.

http://mb1.theinsiders.com/foregonstatefrm1