Goodbye Reggie Bush......

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 8, 2011.

1. PSU2LSU

PSU2LSU Veteran Member

Coming out of college I read scouts comparing him to Barry Sanders of Detroit. I guess they were dead wrong.

But at a reduced salary and if used correctly I think he could be a valuable assets to a lot of team in the NFL.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

If he takes a pay cut and agrees to play just WR, then he can stay. He should have played WR from the start.

Time to cut him loose and draft a real franchise RB.

3. tboy

tboy Founding Member

On "Pardon the Interruption" Tony and Wilbon gave Bush returning to the Saints a 45% and 60% chance. Both agreed he will have to take significantly less money if he returns at all.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Those were actually %'s of him leaving, not returning. Being that both numbers are close to 50% it's not a huge difference. Also, I believe the OP was being a little too quick with his original post. Reggie has said he knows he isn't worth what he is set to get paid next year and is supposably willing to restructure. Sean Payton addressed this same "will Reggie stay or get traded, etcc" last year with a show of confidence in Reggie and stating his importance to the Saints offense. If he restructures, I fully expect him back. No offense, but, again, way way too quick on the trigger with this thread. Also, I believe it will end up being inaccurate. I'll actually be very surprised if Reggie isn't back in 2011. IF there is a 2011. If not, GOD help us all.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Dude is not worth even half of his salary. He won't take a 50% pay cut. He's too "Hollywood". He's gone.

6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

"You're gonna miss me a little when I'm gone..." Drake

He's not worth what he's due to get paid, but I hope we keep him. His stats will never show is true value. You guys look at stats, while ignoring the pressure his presence puts on defenses. Colston doesn't get double teamed when Bush goes in motion. It's usually a safety that has to account for him. Teams still gameplan around him. They do not want to let that fast phucker get going. His arse should've been returning kickoffs too.

He's the best decoy in the game. His biggest problem is he tries to hard. A running backs biggest asset isn't speed, or fluid hips, or toughness...it's patience. He has very little of it. But when he's letting the game come to him, he's very good. Problem is, he's always pressing trying to prove himself. When you press, you're not patient.

He would've made a great cornerback.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

While I agree with alot of what you're saying, decoys don't get paid 8-12m a year, even if teams have to game plan around him. The only way I see him coming back is if he agrees to a base salary of 1-2m, with incentives that push it higher, if certain milestones are met. I can't see him agreeing to this, though.

I hate that a lot of people are talking so much sh!t about him. I know it's all about results and he's the first to admit how poorly he's played, but people tend to forget about all the things he's done off the field. His contributions to the city in awareness and charity are immeasurable.

8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

And another thing, the saints DO NOT win the Super Bowl without him on the roster. He made an impact whether people want to admit it or not.

I agree that his on-field performance hasn't been spectacular, and he should definitely restructure his contract (since he keeps saying he wants to stay in New Orleans and spend his entire career in New Orleans).

I'd like to see him stay in a saints uniform. His durability isn't great, hence all the leg injuries, but he'll probably only have a shelf life of 4 or 5 more years at the very most. Bottom line is he's too good of an athlete to let go, but he's highly overpaid for his contributions on the field, with the exception of helping the team reach and win their first Super Bowl.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

very little. we're going to miss pierre thomas a whole lot.

oh please. hes the best cheerleader on the sideline in crunch time. and fumbler in the game.

his biggest problem is fear. and lack of heart. they usually coincide.

its because hes always looking for the sideline to avoid a hit. its the same fear you see of a cat when hes running in front of your car. but the house cat is more elusive and much more durable.

in flag football.

10. ech1997

ech1997 Freshman

Goodbye Bush? When did this happen?

When did Reggie Bushg break off negotiations?