Goodbye Reggie Bush......

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 8, 2011.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

the angle would be so wide he would never get near the qb. he would be in the end zone ironically enough.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Might open him up to being tripped by one of the Jets strength and conditioning coaches also. No telling how long that would keep him out of the line up.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I still say he's not going anywhere. Hopefully you will all see me for the genius I am when it turns out I'm right. Peace.

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So, Sean Payton was just on ESPN (when the Pats used the Saints' former 2nd round pick on a RB, ha!) and in no uncertain terms pretty much said there was no way in hell that Reggie was going anywhere. He said that he sat down with Reggie this morning (just like he said he sat down with Deuce when the Saints drafted Reggie) and laid out what his plans for the RB position was. He explained to Berman that each of them have their own skill-set and that each of those skill-sets were what the Saints desired offensively.

Reggie Bush is to Sean Payton what Jordan Jefferson is to Les Miles, folks. Unless he turns into a complete dick and insists on the Saints forking over the full amount owed to him under the terms of his rookie contract (and all signs point to that NOT happening) he's going to remain a Saint for the near future.

7. TwistedTiger

He didn't say anything even close to no way in hell Bush goes anywhere. He said that the team wants him to return and that he sees a role for him. Unless he is willing to take a huge pay cut there is no way in hell he stays.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

The Saints will do what they can to keep him but all signs are pointing to Reggie holding firm on not wanting to take a substantial pay cut. Reggie could cave and stay here for less but so far he hasn't been open about those discussions. Maybe that changed this morning but I am sure his agent wasn't involved yet.

9. TwistedTiger

Funny thing is he and Ingram have the same agent.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I don't have any specifics or anything, but I know for a fact Reggie said he knew he hadn't lived up to his contract and would be willing to renegotiate.