google and racially offensive imagery

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Nov 25, 2009.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

Google apologizes for results of 'Michelle Obama' image search - CNN.com

Google apologizes for results of 'Michelle Obama' image search

i think this story is interesting for a couple reasons.

why should google apologize? the results are not their responsibility.

cnn describes the imagery as "racially offensive". i think it is silly for anyone to define what is racially offensive. it is purely subjective what is racially offensive.

"On Wednesday morning, the racially offensive image" - cnn

thanks cnn, but i will decide what is racially offensive. a better word would be "insensitive", because clearly the image is not sensitive to those who will be offended. but every image is sorta potentially insensitive.

i dunno about you fellers, but i have seen images on google image search that are kinda megadisturbing. and those get no press because they do not involve race, and issue that we are pretty childish about as a society.

and michelle obama clearly does look sorta like the monkey doctor from planet of the apes.

george bush kinda looks monkeyish as well, with those beady eyes of his. i only mention this because you readers are getting slightly angry at me because you are so strongly conditioned to hate that i compared a black woman to a monkey, so i have offset it by comparing bush to a monkey as well. i even have to re-assure myself because even i am kinda brainwashed on this issue. i cant go around comparing black folks to monkeys!

anyways, i dont think google should apologize, or do anything. i think we have truly come to the end of racism when we can treat each other equally, meaning we can parody anyone and call them an ape as much as we like without fear of moral reprisals. why is it less offensive to call george bush a monkey? why should one race be sensitive of comparisons to apes while another isnt?

'we do not remove a page from our search results simply because its content is unpopular or because we receive complaints concerning it." - google

good policy. makes me wonder why they bother to apologize.

2. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Google will be having some very big business issue soon, so they gotta kiss ass to all the bigwigs they can.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Was it this one?

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

close SF.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm assuming Barry met her later in life.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

she does look monkeyish in that one. just kidding, or am i?

the one i like is this one:

[​IMG]

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

She looks like Sigourney Weaver to me. They both have the big mouth and jaws. Sorry Michelle but you weren't born attractive and it hasn't gotten better with age.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just one more reason for her to hate America! :hihi:

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think the one on the right is kind of cute.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Who forced Google to apologize? And will the same people demand an apology on behalf of Condi Rice? Google image search, page one (the url title is "...rice pregnant with monkey):

[​IMG]

Or will libs continue to practice selective sensitivity to racism and other offensive thought?

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I wonder when Google will apologize for these pics turning up under "george bush monkey"?

[​IMG]