GOP Debate Tonight

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Jun 13, 2011.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

best debate moment in years... the head nod.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMdjUsDf0U4]YouTube - ‪Bush, Gore debate highlights‬‏[/ame]

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Off the subject, but am I the only one that would pay to see Les Miles in one of these debates? Man he would scramble the moderator's brains.. lol

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Hat for pres

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not any more than Ron Paul did. That dude needs a Valium.

5. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Very true. The moderators and majority of American people are stupid.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ron paul's fiscal policies are great. no government, kill the fed, etc. but the isolationist tendencies, not so great.

i dont like romney. not a conservative. has obamacare in mass. which failed. believes nonsense MM global warming. voted for ethanol subsidies. terrible.

newt is still the smartest dude in the room but not paying attention to the room. unelectable.

cain--funny black dude. has a good record in the private sector but crappy pizzas. i like him. cant win.

michelle bachmann-- pretty damned good. strong conservative. nice legs. likely is the top competition for romney at this point.

pawlenty- obamneycare fail. wuss.

santorum-- i like him. doesnt come across great on tv though. prolly has no chance.

so i guess its who has the biggest bankroll. unfortunately, that would be romney.

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm going to try to watch it tonight. I agree on Ron Paul. Romeny voted for ethanol subsidies? Quite possibly the worst energy policy in the past 50 years. Not sure what his true position is on healthcare because I doubt he'll say what it is.

I wish Newt weren't such a stubborn prick. Your assessment of him is right on. He's super smart, but a bumbling phuggin idiot at the same time.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he enacted govt controlled healthcare on the state level. its a massive fail. of course we know his position. he says hes against obamacare because everyone is at this point.

he was actually good here but like ron paul, people just ignore him at this point. His stance against paul ryan's plan was a big mistake and he still cant explain it.

he is a non-factor but hes getting his name back out there probably to get his own talk show or to sell books. who knows. no one cares anymore.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Unless he learned from teh the Mass healthcare bill. I mean, one good thing about the guy is that he has experience on the state level enacting a plan. The issue is, he will never be forthright about whether or not it was the right move. It's politcally bad for him to be truthful either way. I would imagine he probably tries to stay as far away from it as possible.

Agreed. In fact, I think Ron Paul has a much better shot than Newt but neither are really in it right now.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If Texas gov Rick Perry gets in with Marco rubio as his vp he can beat the dear leader