GOP plan to replace ACA

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 7, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-em...-wonderful-new-healthcare-bill-143149269.html

I know this is an article about Trump giving the go ahead, what's everyone's thoughts on the plan?

I personally am interested. I have healthcare through my job but everything I've heard about this plan so far doesn't turn me off at all. I think the biggest part for me was keeping the pre-existing conditions part and the part about kids staying on until 26, also getting rid of state lines to promote competition I think is a good thing. It's still unclear how far it will go, but I am interested. Obamacare was a good idea that was poorly planned and poorly executed, and Trump has said he wants all Americans to have healthcare, which sounds a lot like universal healthcare, but we shall see.

Thoughts?

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I need to see the numbers before I comment, though, with two government retirement health plans I am not that interested. Insurance remains the wrong vehicle to cover everyone, and letting people no buy insurances will really mess with the law of big numbers upon which rates are based. I also am interested in the 30% "tax" if you lapse coverage.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well that was the good idea I was talking about in ACA. In theory it's a good idea. But people aren't going to buy it when they can just go into an ER and get treated and then just not pay. At some point we really need to think about Universal Healthcare. Because there is no such thing as affordable care when people aren't paying.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It's cheaper for me to pay cash now because of obama care.

The problem was never the freeloaders IMO.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

That has nothing to do with Obamacare. Unless you are rich, you will be worse off without ACA. It may be hidden from you, but you'll pay more.

6. HalloweenRun

Like it or not, and many do not, this is the ONLY answer if the goal is for everyone to have coverage. We will get there, but it will take a couple of more "fails" before we do so!

7. HalloweenRun

Even if you have shitty insurance (assuming non mandated plans are available in the future) getting the network negotiated cost for a service will result in HUGE savings over cash on the barrel head.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Fuck em. Don't get sick

Winston1 likes this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Uh yea it does. Numerous doctors just stopped taking insurance.

Open the internet.

I was better BEFORE Obama care and my cost went up. Premiums went up because of obama care.

10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Mobius loves obama and everything he did. You can't sway him. Just let him be, the rest of us can be better off ( and he as well by default) he just won't ever admit it

LSUpride123 likes this.