GOP plan to replace ACA

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 7, 2017.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not trying to wordsmith it was an honest question. And I would prefer Mr Slappy.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Tough shit slappy.

No quarter round here.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Lol, just no keelhaul please. I'll walk the plank. You didn't answer the question, and I was only curious being that I am not military. I've heard horror stories about the VA, but I've also heard from Military people that they wouldn't trade it for the world. Just trying to get the down low from a military person, that's all.

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I think you may be confusing TRICARE and the VA. Totally, completely different.

The VA provides services to veterans. I used VA services one time. I was an ensign, home on leave, hurt my back, went to a large VA center in my hometown. I believe I have told the story here before, so I won't repeat, but I ended up crawling out of that hell hole, shirt in hand, and driving to local hospital. Barely made it!

Never, ever went back to VA. Never will.

TRICARE is civilian health care for active duty and retired USMilitary. It is essentially an 80/20 plan. You can get supplements to pay the 20%, very similar to Medicare.

TRICARE is the benefit that would not be traded.

Wait for it. This year I will get my MILLIONTH dollar in retiree pay benefits. (Thank you, taxpayers) but that is completely over shadowed by the TRICARE benefit. If I had to choose one, I'd take TRICARE every time. In June when I go on Medicare, TRICARE becomes a secondary benefit and acts as a government paid Medicare supplement. And covers my Rx, too!

If young people were smarter, the military would have waiting lists of hundreds of thousands. Just for the benefits.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I can get you a great deal on some swamp land where Donald Trump is about to build a huuge resort.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  6. HalloweenRun

Recent Social media picture from the huge VA hospital in Durham, NC. This is not quality health care.

[​IMG]

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Watch the movie Born on the 4th of July. That will scare the hell out of you.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

HWR hit it.

Tricare is pretty good. I as well as my family sees a civilian doctor that isn't affiliated with the VA or the military at all.

The problem is Tricare is run by the gvt. That means lots and lots of bullshit to put up with and it's 1000x worse for the providers. That is important because it is becoming more and more difficult to find providers that will accept it. On top of that they pay the providers shit in the form of allowable expenses. I had a surgery a while back I swear Tricare allowed like $600 or something like that. It was ridiculous

9. HalloweenRun

Every damn thing the Republican assholes do is focused on making the rich, richer. I hope some of you will benefit from this. There has got to be a better way than the Dems or GOP.

"Two of the biggest tax cuts in Republican proposals to repeal the Affordable Care Act would deliver roughly $157 billion over the coming decade to those with incomes of $1 million or more, according to a congressional analysis."

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

When you make more, the same tax cut percent means more. Just the way it works.