GOP plan to replace ACA

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

No one is looking at the true cost of delivering healthcare services are. They are only overlaying population variations on today's assumptions.
    Why does everyone need a private room when many countries such as Belgium deliver better healthcare at lower cost by taking such things as private rooms away. There are many places from facilities to drug charges to add ons etc where prices and actual costs can be reduced. I'm sure my point about LASIK having maintained low prices and proving continued better care could be repeated about most procedures and costs.
    Does competition solve every issue? Of course not, but you can't begin to unravel the problem until you get an accurate handle on the true cost of the service.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I would really hate to be sick or recovering from surgery in a hospital room also occupied by God knows who
    with their stupid asshole family and friends disturbing me. Just make the rooms smaller so you can have
    more rooms per hospital. There is not a lot of moving around when you're laid up anyway and nobody needs
    to have their whole extended family visit at the same time.

4. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Point is there are ways to reduce costs without reducing services. If you want a private room pay for it. Don't make it the standard that insurance pays for. According to resources I've read multi-patient rooms doesn't impact the outcome.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Just a lot of shit reporting and misinformation.

No shit the rich will benefit from a "repeal" of taxes of Obama care. The poor dont pay taxes to being with.

I love the "24 million" to be uninsured. LOL well, it would be their "choice".

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats a good point.

When we had our third child, I had to pay for some dip-shit to explain to us how to change diapers. I didn't know this random person talking to us was charging for time. Their reasoning? The hospital mandates it there for I had to pay it.

I go see private doctors now and use my HSA. I hardly mess with my company plan other than the HSA portion. I simply ask how much each procedure is before the event and negotiate if possible, get it in writing and out the door. It shouldn't be this difficult going back and forth with BCBS but it is and it has gotten worse since Obama care.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

If all goes according to plan. I will opt for health insurance to only cover major issues. Hopefully with improvements to HSA's, I should be good-to-go for normal events and save on the monthly premiums.

At least, that is what I liked most about the GOP plan.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That is how health insurance is supposed to work. Unfortunately health "insurance" has morphed into a "pre-payment" system. Wrong business model.

What you are doing is "self funding" with a catastrophic cap. That's how big companies do it, too.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The government isn't about to pay for anything, we will

Bengal B likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Tax dollars are different from insurance dollars.