Got a HUGE question?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

About to buy tickets on Ebay and was wondering what should I look for so i don't get screwed

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Does anybody know?

How much face value is for tickets in S1 BB are.

3. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

There is always some risk but I

would definitely NOT pay by Western Union. Obviously check the persons feedback for negative stuff. If they have bought and sold stuff for that school before (such as LSU posters, etc.) that would also make me feel better. Third if the buy now is much lower than what other similar tickets are going for BEWARE. You are going to have to pAy to get the real deal. I would probably pay by paypal. Both ebay and paypal give you about 30 days to report a scam and if you do they will try and go after them. Good luck. Hope this helps.

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

What bout

What is the little note that says under la law you can not bid over whatever amount mean.

5. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

If you are a LA resident, you can't pay more than face value of the ticket. The seller doesn't have to prove to ebay what the face value is, unless it exceeds $300, so most of them lie and say it's around 200-250 per ticket.

6. Tigerskin

It applies to the louisiana scalping law. You are not supposed to buy or sell tickets in LA. for over face value and plus some other amount (maybe the surcharge). So officially it is against the law. All I can say is people are doing it left and right. One little trick is to also have that person sell you a hat or something so it is "not just the tickets". Or if it makes you nervous, have an out of state friend bid for you (yeah right).

7. Tigerskin

I did not know that. I guess that explains the discrepancy between face value and the amount in the disclaimer at the bottom.

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Well

I am stationed at Ft Hood right now so I am outta state, its just seems werid to me that two sets of tickets in the same section have different scalping amounts. Does anybody know what face value is for tickets in S1- S4.

9. Tigerskin

I guess it is what Ectopic said.

They are all lying about the face value. They do that so LA residents would feel more comfortable about it. Some are just saying higher amounts than others. Just divide that amount by the number of tickets they are selling and you can figure out how much they claimed the face value is. It doesn't really matter if you are out of state.

10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Yeah thats what i am figureing

Do you know of any site where I can find out what the face value really is for the tickets.