Got a question?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottyB28, Feb 18, 2005.

1. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I was checking out the LSU hall of fame on Lsusports.net and Pete Maravich is not in the basketball hall of fame. Just wondering why not. I seen they retired his jersey though. Can someone explain this to me.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I emailed them to ask and am hoping it is just a mistake. How can you name the arena after him and retire his jersey but not have him in the Hall of Fame?

By the way, did you also notice that no football player has been voted in since 1992 and that baseball has only 2 members and neither from any of our NC teams? :confused:

3. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Yeah I seen that, that is Crazy!

4. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

As crazy as it seems, the Pistol is not in the HOF because he did not graduate. There is a rule that a player must graduate in order to be entered into it and they will not waive or change it for him. I find it even crazier that there is a state law against naming buildings or roads after people but they can name the fb practice field after CM, the AC after the Pistol, The Box after Alex Box and Skip Bertman Dr. Did I miss something somewhere?

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I don't know man... I can think of MANY, MANY instances where roads, bridges, and buildings are named after people. Hell off of the top of my head: Huey P. Long and ALL of HIS bridges (there are many around LA, not just the one in NO,) High Schools, Hospitals, parks, MANY streets. Just ride around New Orleans and you'll find MANY things named after people... unless maybe I read what you said wrong.

But, about the HOF. I think that is total BS. SOME of the best athletes in LSU history didn't graduate...well Shaq came back.. so idk